News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dubuque, IA Oct 1-2 2011

Started by loves2hunt59, August 15, 2011, 12:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loves2hunt59

Good News!! Dubuque is now on the schedule!!
All Friends of Appleseed in NE Iowa prepare to turn out!

Cooper

HUZZAH !!
HUZZAH !!
HUZZAH !!

Great work folks!!

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

BuzzG

14 preregistered already! Don't wait to sign up for this one!

IXOYE

The Appleseed event in Dubuque was a great success! Cooper and Whisker were great instructors. 11 people showed up, 2 received their rifleman patch! Several newbies shot amazingly well and are well on their way to earning their rifleman patch! I can't wait until our next shoot!
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Cooper

NE Iowans ROCK!!!
Watch for more tomorrow in the AAR for the Inaugural Dubuque Project Appleseed event.... nothing short of MAAHVELOUS!!
For Flatlanders you do an impressive job down 'dare, eh?
Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

loves2hunt59

Miller

Whatta ya mean "for flatlanders"  Coop?
You gotta be able to see 400 yards if you want to shoot at 400 yards.  :P

Seriously though, had a blast, improved my score markedly, and got to meet some more great folks.  Not sure if I'll be able to make Winterset in two weeks but I aim to try.

And if the Izaak Walton League there in Dubuque/Peosta hosts another AS I'll sure try and make it.  Great little range and a pleasant drive up.  Just remind me next time to set up a little farther away from the Porta-Potty. $$-0

Much thanks to the IWL, Cooper, and Whisker for a great weekend.
Fearful but resolute.

Whisker

What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.