News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Atlanta, TX, August 6, 2011

Started by POP, August 07, 2011, 08:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POP

Shooters from three states enjoyed the bright, blue, Texas skies Saturday as they learned to shooting skillfully following the footsteps of our founding fathers AND why it mattered that we carry on the tradition as the instructors told them the stories of April 19, 1775.

Oh, did I tell you it was 121.6 deg. in the shade? 

Three shooters, from Nachitoches, LA attended.  They had previously shot with us at the range in Shreveport.  One of their cousins from Edmond OK also shot with us.  They could only be there Saturday, however, which turned out to be a blessing for all of us.  The other shooters were mostly members of the range owner's family.  Let's see:  Kalo, Benjamin, and Silas from LA; Blake from OK; Lonny from Atlanta; Wesley from Dallas; Joe Harrison, Alma, and son Daniel from the range owner's family.  We are really proud to have had Daniel shoot with us because he is active duty Army just back from a year in Afghanistan.    The Harrisons had planned a get together for Daniel Sunday.  So, because of the heat and that all our attendees would not return for Sunday we shot AQTs until about 6pm and decided not to return on Sunday.

I got back to Shreveport about 11:30 and showered and slept for 12 hours.  I think next Summer I'll do Winterseeds instead.   **) 

Instructors present were olfart, wolf, shot, Rebel13 (a Harrison grandson who took the orange on Father's Day weekend and I delivered the OH at this event), and Lonnie (who took the orange hat this weekend, thank you lonnie).   

Kalo shot a 209, 201, 195 ... and, I am certain will shoot Rifleman score at his next Appleseed.  His brothers and cousin also shot well.

I will post pics ASAP.  I certainly would like to thank the Harrison's Joe & Peggy, Little Joe & Alma, Daniel & Becky, for the hospitality and facilities, and, Wesley and olfart for setting up the range.  Picturesque to say the least.  With all the trees in the background the brown grass doesn't show as much.
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

wolf

yes it was def. hot hot hot . however it truly tested the will and determination of the instructors and shooters alike.i think in the process of baking in the sun and persavering it made alot of freinds that will remember what we experanced together.i felt though that it not only gave the opp.to make new frends but built upon those already made. ill be looking forward to the sept. shoot. pop,john larry,harrison,i was glad to see how we all can easely work together and count on each other ,it feels to me were building a good team ,see yall in sept.i hope i didnt forget any one. and yes again thanks to joe and family,   wolf

olfart

As always, a great crew and good shooters made Saturday a memorable event. The heat made it an excruciatingly painful memory, but it certainly will be remembered!

Thanks to all who endured the heat to make another successful, if abbreviated, event for Atlanta!

Two new Orange Hats for Atlanta: Lonnie and Harrison, with POP in the middle. Congrats, new IITs!
"The cure of crime is not in the electric chair, but in the high chair" ...  However, the electric chair works wonders on recidivism.

scuzzy

Quote from: POP on August 07, 2011, 08:28:15 PM

Oh, did I tell you it was 121.6 deg. in the shade? 

121? Y'all must have had a cold front blow in.  :D

The Atlanta range is a really nice one. The Harrison's place can't be beat. Especially the hospitality the Harrisons show.

Sounds like another successful shoot.

And wow, two Orange Hats given out. Way to go guys. We got us an Orange last time in Davilla too. Boy the Texas instructor core is sure growing.

Seems like it's been forever since I saw wolf and oldfart. I'm sure we'll meet again on the trail some day soon. Until then Vaya con dios.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

POP

Range plans now include a covered AIR CONDITIONED line so we can do Winterseeds anytime of year!   **)

Quote from: scuzzy on August 08, 2011, 11:37:38 AM
121? Y'all must have had a cold front blow in.  :D
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Boba Fett

Holy Cow POP! You just keep getting better looking all the time.  ;)
Nice Job!

Boba

POP

Bro Boba, Great to hear from you.
EEl says that all the time.  My secret weapon is those "Texas Summerseeds."
Come on down and try the September 24-25 event with us.  Word is out it might just help you, too.  **)
Seriously, you are welcome and we'd enjoy having your help.  You guys in Illinois are always welcome to border raid with us.
POP

Quote from: Boba Fett on August 08, 2011, 12:02:41 PM
Nice Job!
Boba
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
Waterman 300 9/11/10

Boba Fett

Quote from: POP on August 08, 2011, 12:28:22 PM
Bro Boba, Great to hear from you.
EEl says that all the time.  My secret weapon is those "Texas Summerseeds."
Come on down and try the September 24-25 event with us.  Word is out it might just help you, too.  **)
Seriously, you are welcome and we'd enjoy having your help.  You guys in Illinois are always welcome to border raid with us.
POP

Quote from: Boba Fett on August 08, 2011, 12:02:41 PM
Nice Job!
Boba

My busy time at work will be over by then and my wife might like the idea of me getting better looking  :cool2:, so I might just be able to talk the family into a little road trip. Where's it at?

Boba

Rebel13

Its up in the northeast corner of Texas near Texarkana. We do have ample space for camping or RV-ing so that you don't have to stay at the hotel/motel/holiday inn, which are about fifteen minutes away in town.
"The only thing necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

wolf

hey scuzzy,glad to see your post.yes i dont forget old freinds.i guess thats one thing unspoken about in appleseed,but can be experinced,old freinds always meet down the trail.  wolf