News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lodi, WI Ladyseed Aug 27-28-Need help with Promotion!!

Started by Trisha, August 05, 2011, 12:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Made buku changes to page. Most of it on the top 'logo' portion. That graphic design stuff can become very time consuming.

Added some links but don't have much description about what they are about yet. Some nice stuff my wife came up with about Women in the Revolutionary War at the bottom of the page. I added them so that I don't forget about it. Good links I believe. Will refine that portion.

Issue: Nowhere does the page describe what a LadySeed is. It doesn't say "A Ladyseed is an Appleseed Event for Women Only." Or some such description. So what would be a good description of just what a LadySeed is?

So need a word smith to describe what a LadySeed is so I can insert more text into the page.

Please see new page. I actually like the new logo for LadySeed.

Oh, and crud. I just now noticed there are a few formatting errors if you use Internet Exploder. That's a prob with doing the web. Looks great in Firefox but a few probs in Exploder. Will fix.

http://test.appleseedinfo.org/scuzzy/ladyseed.html

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Cooper

@techres:

Really nice trifold !!!  Thanks for the work you put into it.

There is also a Ladyseed next month in Bowling Green, MO Sept 10-11.
Any way to work that into the brochure?

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Trisha

Techres, what exactly is this: Chamber of Commerce girls of shooting outing. I tried to find it through google, but I didn't get a match.

techres

Quote from: Trisha on August 10, 2011, 12:35:21 PM
Techres, what exactly is this: Chamber of Commerce girls of shooting outing. I tried to find it through google, but I didn't get a match.

Let me look tonight and see what it was looking at.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

scuzzy

Formatting on LadySeed page fixed. Top graphic changed.

Still need some text describing "What is a LadySeed?"

Added some links to the bottom of the page.

scuzzy

Email Server - The email server I've been using had died on me several weeks ago. I finally talked to the Texas RH who set it up for me. He said it should be working fine. So there is some type of connectivity problem going on.

I'll try and figure why I can't connect. Else I'll just send out the emails to homeschoolers manually.

Trisha

Tech were you able to figure this one out?

Quote from: techres on August 10, 2011, 01:32:16 PM

techres

Not so far.  Still looking.  Want to get the stuff out to the college asap.

Have been under the weather, sorry to slack off.  Feeling better now and back on track...   O0

Quote from: Trisha on August 13, 2011, 01:47:03 AM
Tech were you able to figure this one out?

Quote from: techres on August 10, 2011, 01:32:16 PM

Old Glory!

Quote from: scuzzy on August 10, 2011, 10:09:09 PM

IS THIS UP YET?   I AM SENDING OUT A MASS EMAIL TO ALL MY CONTACTS FOR LODI AND WOULD LIKE TO INCLUDE IT IF IT IS.   OR I'LL WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW TO SEND THE EMAIL IF YOU ARE STILL WORKING ON IT AND ARE CLOSE TO RUNNING IT.    LOOKING GOOD. :)
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

scuzzy

Quote from: Old Glory! on August 14, 2011, 10:34:47 AM

IS THIS UP YET?   I AM SENDING OUT A MASS EMAIL TO ALL MY CONTACTS FOR LODI AND WOULD LIKE TO INCLUDE IT IF IT IS.   OR I'LL WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW TO SEND THE EMAIL IF YOU ARE STILL WORKING ON IT AND ARE CLOSE TO RUNNING IT.    LOOKING GOOD. :)

Just now moved it to live. I guess it's good enough at this point.

http://appleseedinfo.org/ladyseed.html

Now let's pack those lines.

techres

Scuzzy, please change:

Remove "Contributions made by the Women during the Revolution." at the bottom.
Change "For most ladies a rifle range " to "For many ladies a rifle range " in the first section if you would.

Thanks!

scuzzy

Quote from: techres on August 15, 2011, 01:21:01 PM
Scuzzy, please change:

Remove "Contributions made by the Women during the Revolution." at the bottom.
Change "For most ladies a rifle range " to "For many ladies a rifle range " in the first section if you would.

Thanks!

Done.

Sure would like to put those links about Women in the Revolution somewhere though. There's some good stories there.

Maybe I ought to link from the History section in TIPS?

scuzzy

I have my email server back up. Now I just need a letter to send to the Homeschool Orgs in WI. I have the addresses ready to go.

Any volunteers? I'd rather somebody from WI do the letter and also include contact info in the letter. Maybe even a phone number. It would feel much more personal then.

Old Glory!

Quote from: scuzzy on August 15, 2011, 03:40:05 PM
I have my email server back up. Now I just need a letter to send to the Homeschool Orgs in WI. I have the addresses ready to go.

Any volunteers? I'd rather somebody from WI do the letter and also include contact info in the letter. Maybe even a phone number. It would feel much more personal then.

You can use my name and phone number.  Are we starting a letter from scratch or is there one already started somewhere?  Can someone check into that today? 

OG
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

scuzzy

Quote from: Old Glory! on August 16, 2011, 10:59:33 AM

You can use my name and phone number.  Are we starting a letter from scratch or is there one already started somewhere?  Can someone check into that today? 

OG

I noticed that Trisha linked to a word doc on this thread. I took a look at it and believe we can use parts of it. It might be nice to weave a description of a LadySeed into it and add your contact info too. I'll PM the both of you after posting this.

LadyVetch

Hi all,

I am back from Guatemala and ready to work on getting women to attend our LadySeed.  I sent an e-mail today to the Wisconsin State Journal Outdoor Section to be listed in the Sunday Column.

I will contact the Lodi Enterprise to see if they would like to do a story on us????

I can hang flyers up in Lodi and surrounding areas.

I will post this on the homeschool message boards that I frequent.

Tim Sagal is the Winnequah Board Member Contact for this event. 

I am excited!  I hope we can fill the lines. 

Renee (LadyVetch)
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

dragonfly

We have alot of work to do, only 2 pre-regs. Its time for the girls to show us how its done. SHOOT LIKE A GIRL, IF YOU CAN  :bow: . Now lets fill the line like we know you can.  :~  Not much time, but we have beat time before.

Thanks in advance for all you do,
D-fly    Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

scuzzy

My email server is ready and waiting. Just need a letter y'all like to send out.

Please include contact info and a link to the ladyseed page.

techres

Just got positive word back from the woman who runs the women of the JPFO web site who is from WI herself.  She is excited and I looped in Old Glory to the emails.

I also shared the ladyseed page with her.

W00T!

Trisha

Quote from: scuzzy on August 18, 2011, 12:58:29 PM
My email server is ready and waiting. Just need a letter y'all like to send out.

I am trying to gather up information for the letter and I hope to get something to you by tomorrow night. Sorry it is taking awhile.

Quote from: techres on August 19, 2011, 10:33:49 PM
Just got positive word back from the woman who runs the women of the JPFO web site who is from WI herself.  She is excited and I looped in Old Glory to the emails.

W00T!

This is awesome! Thanks so much Techres!!! You and scuzzy both rock!

scuzzy

Quote from: Trisha on August 20, 2011, 12:13:11 AM
Quote from: scuzzy on August 18, 2011, 12:58:29 PM

I am trying to gather up information for the letter and I hope to get something to you by tomorrow night. Sorry it is taking awhile.

Quote from: techres on August 19, 2011, 10:33:49 PM

W00T!

This is awesome! Thanks so much Techres!!! You and scuzzy both rock!

I didn't even know there was a lady JPFO! Cool. My Grandmother, rest her soul, would have liked that. She knew about the 'Never Again' deal having come from Germany.

I have Old Glory!'s info to put in the letter so we're good to go with that.

scuzzy

Did anybody send me the text of the email for the homeschoolers already?

I could have sworn I'd been sent it last night but I can't find it in my PMs or email. I did a lot of home cleaning this morning deleting stuff from both my email inbox and PMs. So it's very possible I deleted it. If so I apologize.

So either way I sure need that letter. Times short.

Trisha

I am not at home right now, but when I do get home I will send it to you.

RifleWoman

Put an announcement on Craigslist.

How many loaner rifles will you have there?  When reaching out to homeschoolers this is important, most are interested, few have rifles.  Sometimes they just need to try it and then they run right out and get one. 
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

Trisha

Here is the homeschool letter! Finally!!! The only thing I am worried about is making sure that when the recipients try to open it that it will take too long to download, will you make sure this isn't the case? Thanks!

Thanks OG for helping me get this together!

Trisha

RifleWoman

Trisha, it does take too long.  Can you print it as a PDF instead of save it as a PDF?  That will make it smaller.  People will not read it because of the time it takes.  Shoot, I gave up on it.  See if somebody can print to PDF.  I used to be able to, but my program expired.

RifleWoman

I'm downloading a pdf printer now, I'll see if I can fix it for you.

Here, try this one.

Trisha

Thanks for doing that RW, I didn't know how to make it so it would be smaller.