News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur Artsy Photos

Started by Ding, April 22, 2008, 05:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ding

I shot a lot of "snapshots" but also had a bit of fun with some more arsty photos.  More to come at a later date...[attachment=1][attachment=2][attachment=3]
"A political party that robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul."

student

Live the life others gave up for you.

www.skillgarden.net

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way!

Fred

Good stuff, Ding. Don't keep us hanging too long... ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Willard

wow, a real live 1903A4 Springfield!  Nice.....wonder how it shot?

Old Dog

The owner is a Ramseur regular who was there with 3 children.  They rotated through M1 carbines, M1 Garands, German Mausers, U.S. Enfields, the 03A4, .22's, a mini14, etc.  I don't recall the groups of individual rifles.  And yes, even the kids were shooting the centerfire rifles. 
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

oberonsjester

Ding, thanks for all the pictures you took.  I was a little too busy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong to take many and you really filled in the gaps for me to show my wife.  Great job!

Jim

wildman

The "Rem03A4" ain't its a salvaged 03A3 drill rifle. It is a fine piece of work. A little known fact is that many 03A3s saw service as sniper rifles. Wish I had one.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

The kids started out with the 10/22s and the m1 carbine, my 13 year old shot his mauser and the m1 garand that he build (with a little help) himself.I put a scope on the carbine for my daughter, that helped her a lot with sight alignment, she shot some of her best groups. The 1903a3 was a tack driver in it's time, although newer guns will easily out shoot it. What a great day at the range! Great pictures Ding!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student