News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Email from Fred to all Illinois Instructors

Started by Ashes, August 04, 2011, 09:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashes

I just got an email from Fred to all Illinois Instructors. But I have been notified that not all Illinois Instructors got this email. So here is a copy/paste of the email for those of you that didn't get this broadcast. Please read and ponder carefully.

Yours, Ashes

----

You have just been sent a personal message by Fred on Project Appleseed - National Headquarters - Volunteers Welcome.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Dear Appleseed Illinois volunteer:

As you know, recent IL events have led to a choice which faces you: to stay in this program, or to go. Some of you have already made the choice. We need to know which of you would like to stay in the program.

If you'd like to stay, I'm gonna ask you to "re-up" in Appleseed. You need to know what this will mean, so there are no misunderstandings, no lack of clarity, no potential for future trouble and discontent.

If you elect to stay, the future of your state is bright; no longer fraught with distraction and drama, but instead many different people volunteering towards the same goal: Saving the nation, the Appleseed way.

If you choose to stay, consider what you are committing to:

*Willingness to be part of a nationwide team.

*Willingness to focus on the mission.

*Willingness to understand being a team member requires you to be a team player. This means responding positively to the authority of others as needed just as you would in any large organization.

*Willingness to set aside any negative feelings about the past; to move forward with the Appleseed Mission.

*Willingness to get back in synch with the rest of the country, an example being to present the 3 Strikes of the Match on Saturday.

•Respect for Fred as leader of this program and for the leadership team. Agree or disagree with him or them, but show respect and willingness to do as asked. As stated at the recent IL AIBC: We don't have to live with problems in this program; we fix them. So if you have a complaint or suggestion, you're welcome to forward it to me (Fred) or dond, and we'll get it fixed or you'll know the reason why.

*Willingness to conform to a professional model of behavior which does not speak, post, or act in ways which are disrespectful or divisive. Think of Appleseed as a job: like work, it is best to do nothing which would get you fired.

*Finally, willingness to understand Appleseed as an opportunity to help save a nation.

I don't think any Appleseeder will have a problem with any of the above. If you agree to these things, if you "re-up" in the program, you'll be welcomed into Appleseed with open arms and appreciation.

If you cannot, then now is the time to leave the program, and go into whatever future you make for yourself. You leave with our good wishes for that future, and my personal thanks for your service to this program.

The expectations above are normal; not only for this program, but any program. Respect for each other, respect for program leaders; to stay focused on why you are in the program, and what you are supposed to be doing. There's nothing here most of you haven't been doing already, in your service in this program.

Why am I asking IL volunteers to re-up? Because in light of recent events in your state we need to make sure we are all on the same page.

You who stay can count on DonD's experienced help in getting your state back into a smooth-running, rapidly expanding AS program. He is wise and experienced. He is also here to help you.

While I hope you will decide quickly what your choice will be, if you need extra time, no problem. Take to the end of this month, if you like.

To re-up, PM dond and Fred. If we don't hear from you by then, we'll move you to the "inactive instructor" list. At the beginning of Sept., dond will post a list of re-upped volunteers on the IL state board.

Again, regardless of your choice, thank you for your service to this program.

Fred

PS: If you've already "re-upped", accept my thanks, and no need to "re-up" again.

Gravy

I for one just want to say "ThankYou" to EEL, Pappy and Garand.  You guys (and others in Illinois AS) changed my life.  I only knew how to pull a trigger - you guys taught me to shoot.  I knew nothing about Revolutionary War history - now I'm telling the stories.  I only voted once in my life - now I vote regularly and contact my Rep's and Senators.  I know I'm not alone; you touched many people's lives.  I hope in the annals of AS history that you will be remembered for all of your contributions to Illinois and the Country.  Anything less would be an injustice.

I'm dedicated to AS and intend to stay the course.  Going into the year I had committed to the Waterman events, but can also try to help at the Ottawa events, or at least whatever does not get cancelled.

I would humbly ask that those pm's and postings about the Illinois terminations be stopped.  Thanks for trying to set the record straight, but at the end of the day this was a successful program.  Now it needs to be rebuilt, regardless of the reasons.  I'll try to help as long as Illinois doesn't continue to get dragged through the mud.

Perge!

Patriot Gal

Thanks Gravy!

I echo your sentiments about being dedicated to Appleseed and a desire to stay the course.  I want to thank you for standing strong for the Mission which is what Project Appleseed is about.
We have a country to save and the Appleseed Trail is the best way I have found to accomplish that goal!!

I am thankful to have found Appleseed and thankful to Fred for starting it all, and also to all the other steadfast volunteers who put in the very long hours to keep this program moving forward successfully on a daily and weekly basis.

Looking forward to seeing you on the trail.  O0
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan