News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Puryear, TN, July 30-31, 2011

Started by dond, August 03, 2011, 04:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Wow, was it HOT! In addition to the Winterseed patch, one for days like this should have flames coming from it.   >:D  To complicate matters, an electrical problem knocked out the clubhouse air conditioner for lunch on Saturday.  %)  !@#) Three electric fans were set up on the firing line to make it a little more bearable. Three children of club members attended for the second time and were very well behaved, as expected, and were able to answer difficult questions more readily than the adults.  ;D Two teenagers and one adult were in attendance for their second AS, and two other adults were new to AS. Much learning occurred and several AQTs were worked in Sunday. Unfortunately, no Riflemen were made, but we expect the shooters to return and persist. Calfret performed admirably as an SBIT, and ie was a big help as an instructor and as an electrical engineer in repairing the electrical problem.  :bow: In case there is some confusion caused by the last phrase, ie is the forum name of the instructor.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

calfret

I had a great time but just about lost my voice from the heat while calling the line.  +1 on getting a Heatseed patch!  I definately think we need to offer such in the spirit of the Winterseed patch.  They are both extremes that Patriots 236 years ago had to deal with and sometimes died from  :'(
"No school or course I have attended (military or civilian) teaches the basics and pushes you to master them as well as Appleseed."
-Boltgun71

1919A4

Hi All!
Had a good time at the shoot!  I will try and make the October one. IT