News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2A Shooting Center in Tulsa

Started by Grendel, August 02, 2011, 10:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grendel

The new indoor shooting range started by a couple of guys from Oklahoma Police Supply in Tulsa just opened this week. I spent about three hours shooting there today. It's a great facility; 25 yards long (at least I think it is, it looked pretty close), 16 lanes with two class rooms and a lounge and snack bar area, and full time gunsmith on site.

I dropped off some flyers for the Afton shoots, and talked to the guys that run it about Appleseed (mainly because I asked if they would allow shooting from prone). They seemed interested and would love to have somebody come by and talk to them about the possibility of hosting an Appleseed event there. They are very much about teaching basic marksmanship, firearms safety training and education and making themselves accessible to younger shooters and women and other people who are necessarily part of the "gun culture".

As with most indoor ranges, it's built pretty much to facilitate shooting from the standing position, but they seemed amenable to the idea of letting people shoot in prone under some more controlled circumstances (and they are already planning on getting some longer target hangers to accommodate kids and shorter people).

I'm on vacation for the next two weeks, to hopefully culminate in the Afton shoot on 13 and 14 August. Anyone available to drop by with me some time before the Afton shoot?

Scarecrow

Greetings Grendel
Others from Oklahoma will be reading this as they check in to the forum.
Our Red Hat Instructor at large in the Tulsa area is K98Al on the forum.
This sounds like a good opportunity for the Tulsa area.

K98Al

PM me, I'd be glad to stop by. I'm in Tulsa about every day.
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

oldgrunt

I will stop by on the 9th and bring a bag of goodies to share..someone put up a poster in the store on 41st...And it's right by the door good job...AL? thanks ..lol....Seeya all soon... My Leg's not any better but I can always share the skills...
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

Grendel

Actually, OG, one of the guys that works there mentioned that he's a friend of yours. I think he's probably been to an Appleseed or two by the way he was talking about it, all very positive.

K98Al

Yeah, SportsWorld has the poster and handouts. They were eager to put up AS stuff. They have a new (to them) gunsmith, he was wearing an AS shirt when I went in there back in May.
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

oldgrunt

Good lets keep pickin away at the dam...Oneday the walls will come down and we'll get our due...Tulsa is coming around...Sure could use some more shooters to pick up the games at oil capital and the USSA.. more appleseeders the better...It'll happen ....
                                         Iron Mike

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

Stopped by the ramge for awhile..Seems they are welcome to let us shoot our targets there but thats about it..Nice place to shoot and the classrooms were very nice very appleseed friendly...As like always its not a place we can use to teach from...Maybe some other time we will get on the gun line...

Levi and kurt are all for the program...
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE