News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Illinois Appleseeders

Started by dond, August 02, 2011, 05:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Dear Illinois instructors,

Please forgive me for being so tardy in notifying you via this post. The upsetting news in your state, and the role requested of me, were revealed last week in the middle of an RBC which I was conducting. This meant I had only extremely  limited time to devote to the situation.

It is obvious that the changes were a surprise and shock to many of you, as they were to me. Many of you were trained by these leaders and hold them in high regard. But problems have arisen and hard decisions were made for the betterment of Appleseed.

Therefore, let me plead with you to keep our lofty goal in your sights.

It is probably inevitable that some will follow these leaders out of AS and make it more difficult to bail with holes in the Illinois bucket. I beg you to minimize the leakage. We have a formidable task ahead of us. Illinois constitutes a major component of the Appleseed Project and can help lead it to success. Help us try to build on that foundation rather than tear it down.

We intend to retain the Illinois schedule intact as much as possible. However, there are a few cancellations which are being made: Waterman, 8/6-7; Ottowa, 8/13-14; and Chillicothe, 9/3-4.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

2 clicks low

What about the Waterman 600? Go/NoGo?
Inquiring minds want to know.
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

dond

We are in the process of trying to change that to a 200 on the same date.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Patriot Gal

Thanks, Don, for keeping us up to date on the cancellations.
PG
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

dond

All Appleseeds at the Ottawa range have been canceled for the rest of the year.

The Appleseed at the Chillocothe Sportsmans Club on September 3-4, 2011, has been canceled.

The Appleseed at Waterman on September 10-11, 2011, has been moved from the 600 yard range to the 200 yard range. All other Appleseeds at this range remain intact.

Ewald

Chillocothe is still live for registration as of right now.

The Waterman shoot is still listed as the "300". Has ASC been notified that we are changing from the 600 to 200 yard range?

We need to be careful how we communicate with the outside world.

Patriot Gal

Thanks  for keeping a watchful eye Ewald.

I have checked on this and the Chillicothe registration should be down later today.

The Waterman '300' shoot number almost doesn't matter anymore.  Due to the past circumstances in Illinois, the shoot was not properly promoted and to date, there are less than 10 preregs.  It is still a special date due to 9/11 Rememberance, however it is not going to be a record setting shoot this year, and that's okay. 

So, due to the small numbers, the decision was made to move the shoot over to the 200 yd range which is the one AS uses now for the regular shoots and we can still shoot a little 100-200 KD if we want.

Don and Fred are taking care of everything in due time.  Know that this involves many people performing many jobs.

Remember that we're all volunteers here who have jobs and family reponsibilities plus many hold other Appleseed responsibilities behind the scenes. 

Quote from: Ewald on August 09, 2011, 02:05:00 AM
We need to be careful how we communicate with the outside world.

I think if you follow the conversations on the Appleseed Forum, for the most part, you will notice there is care taken to communicate well with each other and the world.  All communication is up to the individual and expresses their thoughts and feelings based on their context.

I can't speak for communication outside Appleseed.

See you on the trail,
Patriot Gal

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan