News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

FLORIDIANS that would like to visit Ramseur for events...

Started by ThaiFighter, August 01, 2011, 11:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThaiFighter

Welp most of you'uns in th' FL crew know I've re-located to the wilds of NC.   I've been enjoying the mild weather up here.  All the locals are complainin, but I dunno what about...

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all y'all up here.  THey've got BBQ n bullets galore!

There is an airline called Allegiant Air http://www.allegiantair.com  that has discount flights to Greensboro, NC for as little as $120  RT out of Orlando/Sanford.   They also fly out of Punta Gorda for what looks like it's even cheaper!  I am seeing one way fares of 29.99 + taxes!  Note to Trey...  do we know anyone in the Punta Gorda Area that might host some instructors for a KD shoot?

They also have service out of St Pete for about the same as Orlando.

The only drawback is they are limited as to their flights and times.   Don't get suckered in with the extras.   Buy a basic ticket, pack only a carry on and your rifles and go.   If you live close enough to the airport to buy your ticket there, you can save the online "convenience fee" of $16. 

For the record,  I have checked a bag with a firearm on this airline and it went smooth as silk.  Merely walk up to the counter with your firearm in a locked case and tell them...  "I would like to declare and check an unloaded firearm.".  They'll have you fill out a small tag, check your bag and that's about it...

If anyone would like to come up for AS events, I have a nicely outfitted guest BR and Ramseur is about 45 min from my house.  They offer popups out to 500 yards and a very well-run range with awesome ppl that staff it to boot.

I miss the FL crew, so having you all up would really make my day. :)

Come visit where AS began and let's get some cross-pollination going with NC! :)

Hope to see you all here!

W

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

iron pony

Thanks ThiaFighter for your hospitality to our most southern of brethren.   Funny thing is that I ran into one of their students today at Lowes here in Raleigh.  Nothing but rave reviews for the crew in FL from him.  In fact, he was so jazzed on the program that he is planning a trip back to NC to shoot at Ramseur.  It was fun talking to a stranger about AS and amazing the bond that this program can create in people who otherwise would pass by each other in a store isle and never look twice at the shirt someone was wearing.  I think his name was Bob H and once he registers for the forum, his screen name will be Swampjets.   Something to do with his line of work giving tourists ride in the everglades  :-)   If you guys in FL know whom I'm talking about, please pat yourself and each other on the back for a job well done.. He spoke very highly of you.   

Regards

PS.  I am about an hour away from Ramseur and would always be willing to host a fellow instructor if able to .

Walter
"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

ThaiFighter

Pleased to make your acquaintance Walter! What an Interesting encounter! I am trying to remember if we had a Bob at either of the 2 Ft Lauderdale shoots I worked.  One thing is certain is that those shoots had some of the most attentive students I've come across.   THose were coming up on a year ago for me and my brain has been put through the ringer in the time since.    I'll keep an eye out for him and ask what event he attended.

I've enjoyed my tenure so far here in NC.  I have not been on the trail as much as I'd like due to the pressures of a new job, but I should be at the AIBC in Aug and hopefully some of the RBC.   I hope to see you in person at the range. :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)