News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester, TN July 30-31

Started by TN_Dadx5, August 01, 2011, 11:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TN_Dadx5

Now, I really don't have a lot of Appleseeds under my belt (10 total and 8 as an instructor) but this group of participants really were exceptional.  Not only did the majority truly get IMC, but most of them were shooting 6 MOA or better by Saturday lunch.  We started out with a 100 to 200 yrd group and they left a 400 yrd group (by Redcoat counts). Huzzah! ^:)^

We had two participants earn their Rifleman patch, two others accepted the orange hat and everyone learned a little more about what it took to secure this country and our shared responsibility to keep it.

Although it was hot, muggy and thunderstorms kept us from retrieving targets Saturday morning, these intrepid folks persisted and took in a lot of instruction.

If any of the participants look this over, I urge them to do some good dry-firing exercises.  Make sure your rifle is safe and the ammo is in a different room.  Get down in a good prone position, pick a spot on the wall as a target and mentally walk through the 6 steps to firing the shot.  Squeeeeeeeeeeeze that trigger at the rest in your exhale and call where your front sight was in relation to the dot.

There is one other thing that I want you to do; bring a friend to the next Appleseed!

And now, on to the pictures (please forgive my horrid photography, Evenstar where were you?).  If anyone has more, please post them.

Our first Rifleman, Dale

Our second Rifleman (or Riflegirl), Regan

She also accepted an Apple Core hat (too young for an orange hat, but soon!)

Doyle, our Blue Hat, trades hats!

Ben, a new Orange hat (too bad he's from GA)

Nice Sig you have there Jeff

IIT BonnieBlue takes a break during the standing COF

Ben, our new OH with his AR

Glyndon focuses on those redcoats

Sierra, Glyn's daughter (the apple didn't fall far from the tree)

Michelle does great for a new Appleseeder

Two of our young ones persisted and received Persistence Awards

More of the Line
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

Slyder

This group of shooters improved very quickly over the weekend. (Not much flogging needed) ~~:) they listened to instruction and most of them put it into action. Although some didn't get MPOA a few did. Plus, Big momma and Big poppa came and did some shooting on sunday. Which made everything really fun. ;D

Ramblin' Wreck

We had a great time in Manchester. Now that Regan has a Rifleman patch, a blue hat and a "Shoot like a girl if you can" hat (thank you TnColonel) she's pumped up. I just ordered her that new customized rifle (Ruger 10/22) Big Mama predicted I would end up buying. Now the only remaining member of the family that doesn't have a Rifleman patch is my wife Jill. She may fix that deficit at the Labor Day event next month. The whole family is coming back to this one. I'll be the old dude in the orange hat.

In the meantime, shoot straight because you can't miss fast enough to qualify.  ;)

Regards,
'Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Ramblin' Wreck

Some pictures from Manchester July 30-31 weekend.

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

TN_Dadx5

Just a note from one of the participants:

Just wanted to let you know that I had a great time this past weekend!

Everyone was friendly and helpful! You put on a great clinic! The way you mix the history and shooting together is outstanding. How can you not want to learn! I'm telling anyone who ask's or will listen about it!

Even though I didn't do all that well the first day. I did notice that my groups started getting tighter on the second.

With some more practice maybe I can shoot as good as Regan next time! There is something very humbling about a 12 year old out shooting you. But my hat is off to her, that girl has some skills!

Hopefully I can bring one or all of my girls to the next one!

Thank's again

Jeff
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin

Ramblin' Wreck

TN Dadx5,
How did you get pics embedded in the post above. That is eluding me. Are they just copy/paste? I tried attaching and it didn't work.

'Wreck

TN_Dadx5

Ramblin' Wreck

Trying to post an album of the Manchester event via Photobucket.

Flags over Appleseed

Sitting position NPOA with laser demo.

Jr Marine prone position demo

TN Dadx5 IMC (inches, minutes, clicks) demo

Shoot Boss Claude "TnColonel" Morse

NPOA demo with green laser. Look under the black square.

Appleseed class

Ramblin' Wreck

to see all the pictures I took, well almost all, in Manchester go to this link:

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l502/Ramblinwreck77/Appleseed%20Tullahoma/

Ben "ramblinwreck" Brandon

BonnieBlue

I know this is late, but here we go. 

Well, at first, we didn't have too many shots on the targets. But as the day went on, even though it was REALLY hot, everyone was trying their best. I really want to bring up to everyone's attention one young boy. This was 10 year old James's first Appleseed. He was trying his hardest, but the heat got to him. He had a pretty hard time with the sights on the rifle and couldn't get any thing on target.  :wb: BUT!! He came back Sunday and  was nailing it! O0 And, one last thing. My great and wonderfull Daddy (tn_dadx5), got his red hat. the one he's been working sooooooooooo hard for. I'm so happy for him. (now, if I can get past IIT2.......)
So. There's my view from this Appleseed. Hurray for my Dad!!!!!!!!!!!! ^:)^