News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Attention Indiana IITs - Atlanta 8/6-7 Instructor Training

Started by SPQR, August 01, 2011, 06:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

Hello folks!

We have another Atlanta shoot coming up and we are encouraging all IITs that are able to attend another spectacular IIT Training Day.  As a centrally located range with several amenities it is a good location for these primers and everyone is encouraged to attend.

The day will be two-fold.  After the safety briefing IITs0-1s will head with good ol SPQR to the clubhouse for some intro work on addressing SHFs, sight carding, and RSO/LSOing.  It will last an hour and a halfish.  We will go back to the line and work with shooters and more experienced instructors and get acclimated to the shooter group.  In the afternoon IITs2-4 will return with me to the clubhouse for an intensive session of peer review on presentation skills, discussion on Line Bossing Techniques, and work on IMC.   

now, I know what you are thinking, You would rather be stuck in an airtight elevator with a flatulent ATM then sit in a classroom environment with ol SPQR at the chalkboard.  Cast your fears aside.  This will be serious, technical classroom work on the nature of instructing points and methodology.  Airmchair philosophers need not apply.  I would even go so far as to say that the IIT0s who attended this primer with Bill3 and I at the last Atlanta shoot came out of it some of our best prepared and comfortable IITs.

I would also like to extend the invitation for the afternoon session, tentatively to begin around 2, to all Red Hats who would like to soak up some peer review or offer encouragement and advice on the topics addressed.  This is going to be part and parcel with our training methodology from here on out.  Your Illustrious State Coordinator and Training Officer have determined that Indiana is going to make Instructor training the most comprehensive process on and off the line as possible to make sure we get things right every time the first time.  In addition to that, I am really awesome and who doesn't like to hang out with me.  :bomb:

See you Saturday.  Don't forget to PM Instructor Scheduling if you intend to work the line.  O0     
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

AuntieBellum

So I should probably tell you that the all the Indiana blue hats we can muster are already planning to be in the clubhouse after lunch for about an hour and half, huh?  PM incoming.   O0

Not to discourage any IITs from coming by thinking there's not enough room.  We'll make it work...we'll help ya'll crawl into the back of YHJ's truck or something equally cozy.   >:D
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

SPQR

I remember there being a very fine sort of yard adjacent to the clubhouse that will suit use very nicely.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

AuntieBellum

Who's use?  Our use or your use?  I think you left out a very important word there.  Choose wisely...your future enjoyment of Liberty Bars and fried chicken are at stake here, ya' know...  ^-^
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

SPQR

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Bill 3

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

SPQR

The yard will be just fine for instructors, it is easier for the demo dummy to lay down.  :bow:

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

yellowhousejake

Quote from: Bill 3 on August 01, 2011, 07:45:04 PM
A bit more than a coin toss may be in order here...

I got a fiver says AB can take him...

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ