News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Big Apple Manhattan Subwayseed II

Started by kDan, July 28, 2011, 04:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

I'm not sure what happened...  I had posted something about this last week, but can't find it.  I guess it was pulled.  I must have said something inappropriate...  maybe that Josey Wales talks too much?  I said I do too...  did I say something about the pizza in Ramseur (2-0-8!)?   O well, second verse, same as the first

We have scheduled another Manhattan Appleseed at the Westside Rifle and Pistol Range for the dates of Friday August 12 and Saturday August 13 for 16 shooters.  Here's the sign up link. 

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=23718.0%3C/td%3E%3Ctd%3E

We may keep a similar instructor group as last time to try and get this right, but we're not sure yet.  If you're dying to work a Manhattan event, let me know, but everybody...

GET THE WORD OUT!!!!

It's two weeks away.  Last time we only had two weeks to promote and we sold out!  Let's see if we can't do that again!

Things will be a little different this time around.  We're gonna do less talking and more time with rifles in our hands.  Friday we will spend a lot of time dry-firing (they have demo rifles with firing pins removed), and Saturday we should be able to walk downrange to look at our targets instead of rolling them back up individually.  This should help with group instruction.

We're getting this...  We'll get this...  wait a minute...  We already got it - A regular APPLESEED in MANHATTAN!!!!!  well spit fire, save matches...
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

CharlieHotel

Can't make this one... Connors leaving to go back to school.

CH
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

kDan

Quote from: CharlieHotel on July 28, 2011, 05:16:03 PM

CH

Dang, Chris... 

Well give Connor my best.  He should be just about done I reckon.  Sorry he didn't make it to any seeds this summer but maybe we'll see him in the fall. 

btw, I'm not following you around the forum...  it's just coincidence I swear.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

CharlieHotel

Quote from: kDan on July 28, 2011, 05:25:41 PM
Quote from: CharlieHotel on July 28, 2011, 05:16:03 PM

CH

Dang, Chris... 

Well give Connor my best.  He should be just about done I reckon.  Sorry he didn't make it to any seeds this summer but maybe we'll see him in the fall. 

btw, I'm not following you around the forum...  it's just coincidence I swear.

Hopefully Connor will be coming Sunday to Calverton... He needs a lot of work but how cool would it be to send him back to Texas with a New York Rifleman Patch!?

I have noticed you looking at me a little different since you saw me in my skivvies at the ER... :D

CH

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.

kDan

Quote from: CharlieHotel on July 29, 2011, 11:01:29 AM

I have noticed you looking at me a little different since you saw me in my skivvies at the ER... :D

CH

Why do you think I dropped that ammo all over the floor in front of the nurses?  They were so distracted they hardly noticed.

Have fun at Calverton this week-end.  Wish I could be there...  If I make a Subwayseed flier, can you print some up and have them this week-end for the Islanders? 

I'll post one here...  just give me a couple weeks I mean hours.   $$-0
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

kDan

Here's a flier.  No need to print a million of them, just enough so that shooters at Calverton have something to walk away with.

Course if you want to print a million of them and throw them around like confetti in Suffolk County, by all means, but I'm not sure how much good random fliers actually do to drum up numbers.  It's mostly word of mouth, and shotgun news that gets people out.  Don't use up too much ink, but whatever you can do... Since you won't be there, you might as well do something!   !@#)

oops - forgot the flier...  here it is...
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

CharlieHotel

VietVet

Ch,

I got it if you didn't print it yet.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

CharlieHotel

Thanks printed some up i'll hand them out here see if i can get some hung up in apartment buildings and what not...

CH