News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SLINGS!

Started by Chrome, July 27, 2011, 01:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrome

I've got 20 M14 slings on the way.  Yes, the ones I ordered in November.  These seem to either be dwindling in numbers or the demand is skyrocketing, or both.  The bad news is the price has increased, but not substantially.  Looks like they will be $8-$10 each.  I'll know when they arrive what they are gonna run.  Hopefully they stay on the cheap side so I can bundle in the American made swivel and studs for an even $20.

Yes Ratchett, I remember I owe you one.

Later,
Chrome...

Also, I start the transition to my new position in the next two weeks.  I've already worked my last night shift, but they keep throwing me on a 1700-0200 and calling that the "afternoon."  Hopefully, the process will go smoothly and I'll be fully into the position by the end of August.   Then its back on the AS trail in grand fashion!
Montani Semper Liberi

Ratchett

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

sashok.privetov

Chrome--what is this esteemed establishment that you got your slings from for $8?
There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.

9mm4545

Don't know where Chrome got his but CMP has GI cotton web slings for $7.95 each. Shipping is extra. Nice slings.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

EZ3

What color?  Looking for black.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Chrome

Yup Ratchett, I got these to have on hand at AS events.  Too often shooters are uninformed on what sling is the easiest to use in position.  I usually make one announcement that I have them at the beginning of each day.  I sell these at cost, for exactly what I've got in them.

I heard today, the cost is gonna be $8.

EZ3, the black ones floating around (I've got one) are from a limited run that DPMS does very sporadically.  Give them a call and see if they can give you any info on them.  Otherwise, go to strapworks.com and order you some 1 1/4 nylon (sorry, no cotton) and make your own from hardware you salvage off another one.

Later,
Chrome...
Montani Semper Liberi

9mm4545

The CMP slings are OD Green. No black that I know of.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837