News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Slippery Rock, PA July 23-24, 2011

Started by EZ3, July 25, 2011, 05:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

Another "fun in the sun" weekend at Slippery Rock Sportsman's Club!  A line of squalls just before lunch on Saturday chased us into the clubhouse to delve into our American heritage and some marksmanship instruction, but the weather was much better than forecast.  Thanks to Sean and family for feeding us well, and to John for helping out with the instruction (you would make a GREAT instructor).

Thanks to the students for braving the dire, if groundless, weather forecasts and for making the instruction more interesting by sharing your thoughts and experiences.  Interactive classes are MUCH more fun from this instructor's point of view.  Mike and Jon, that really wasn't a "graduate course" in classical marksmanship, just basic through intermediate.  If you want the graduate course, you need to go to a Rifleman Boot Camp!  Congratulations on earning your Rifleman patch, Brad, on your FIRST AQT!  That is a rare accomplishment!  Andy, Chuck, Chris, practice, come back to another Appleseed, and bring your friends!

:~
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

wvmmfalcon

Glad to hear that everything worked out allright. Was busy at NM this past weekend. Had a couple guys. I will write the AAR for it now. Later Jeff
Jeffrey-Frank..Jarrell
KYPD
Malon Labe
I think, therefore I am dangerous (Q)

EZ3

both days started out overcast

and ended up VERY sunny

Charles McKinley

Hi All,

Thank you all for making Appleseed available!

Lee:  Thank you for your patience and instruction.

Members of SR sportsman's Club:  Thank you for the use of your range. I plan on joining there.

Actions:  I have distributed fliers to some gun shops in the area.  I made a poster that I will post soon using an AGT target.

Lee I received the fliers today and they started going out on the pizza boxes tonight.  Please let me know if this seems to generate interest.

My brother and I had such a great time my two oldest daughters will be there in August, even if it is only for Sunday.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

EZ3

Awesome!  Thanks for your help, and see you in a couple weeks.   O0