News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Northeast Friends and Family Day 2011

Started by CortJestir, July 24, 2011, 11:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

A quick thanks to The Log for organizing a great event this past Saturday at Stratton Brook State Park! Nice to see everyone again and also meet the the folks in our lives that make them better. Plenty of food to gorge on and both the lake and heavily wooded area we reserved helped stave off some of the heat. Hey, at least it wasn't 110 degrees like it was the day before!

Some pics from my smartphone. Please post if you have any more...

Trout Pond by the Pavilion

Home Base

Nyla learning a new trick

The Tardis Outhouse

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

The Log

Yes, indeed - thanks to all who attended, and to those who were there in spirit.Wish I actually took some pictures - can't even remember where the camera is. Gulp!

A few "IAAR" items: I have some food containers - the pasta salad and watermelon were in them. PM if you want to claim them. I also ended up with a clear plastic serving spoon and a few other sundries that escape me at this point - PM if you're missing anything.

Again, I appreciate the effort made by everyone to make this a success. I know the weather was a tad on the brutal side, so thanks for schvitzing along with everyone. Next year, we'll do it in September.

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn