News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2011 Gun Blogger Rendezvous

Started by gglovesguns, July 22, 2011, 07:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gglovesguns

Hi All~

The 2011 Gun Blogger Rendezvous is going to be held this year in Reno at the Silver Legacy. They are having a fund-raising raffle for Soldiers' Angels Project ValorIT. There will also be door prizes for the bloggers. I'd like to see if Nevada Appleseed can't donate items for the event.

Ideas for door prizes:
-Appleseed shirts
-Package of redcoats and AQTs

Ideas for raffle prize:
-A gift certificate to an Appleseed

Organizations who donate prizes are recognized on the blogs of all who attend the event and it might inspire influential gun bloggers who haven't gone to an Appleseed to get off their rear ends and go!

What do you think? Is this something we can do?

Link to GBR info: http://gunbloggers.blogspot.com/.

hawkhavn

GG,

Can you get an estimate of how many bloggers will be attending?
Maybe we can sweeten the pot a little bit...

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

gglovesguns

Going off of last year's numbers (I went; it was a lot of fun) there will be 20-30 different blogs represented at the Rendezvous. Door prizes will be for bloggers only, but the fund-raising raffle for Project ValorIT is open to bloggers, blog-readers and gun-nuts. The number of people there can be higher. I would guess last year, there were about 60 people at the raffle.

Chris_H

I've got plenty of promo materials, a fair number of targets we can put together as a "package", maybe a few other items....

I'm just starting to get another short bit of breathing room coming up, so I can likely help get some things put together... although I can't make up a gift cert myself... maybe NC?

featherblue

Chris,

Before you give away all your targets, we need a bunch at the Gardnerville DAR. Primarily, Red Coats, 25 meter Qualification and Known Distance Qualification targets.  :)

-fb
�Fear is the foundation of most governments.� -John Adams

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

Xeyed

Let me know what you need. Willing to forward. Since there are only 25 bloggers attending perhaps we could make small box for each one.. including the items mentioned above. We might even be able to request supplies from the western warehouse rather than deplete our own.
One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

hawkhavn

All,

I have a 'special package' heading out to GG for the Rendezvous.
If you all can make up the bulk packages of targets, etc. it will save me a ton of money on shipping.

Please let me know ASAP,
HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com