News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

July 23-24

Started by ATM, July 18, 2011, 11:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATM

We have 2 shoots this weekend, Cloverdale and Riley.
We could use at least one more IIT or instructor between the 2 locations.

AB has offered to attend whichever range needs more help. Cloverdale currently has more shooters.
Dholder had something come up on Sat. but can join me on Sunday.
If anyone is free at least for a Saturday and can make it to one of these shoots, let us know.

Also, SEND SHOOTERS. I'm trying to coax folks out to the line but have no preregistered for Riley and only 3 probables at this point.

Thanks!  O0
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

SPQR

I can help at Riley on Saturday.  I will see what I can do about shooters but i am not well liked...
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Mudcat

I had planned to try and attend Crittenden if I can be off. I can change and shoot for Riley. I am not sure I will be abe to on saturday yet though. Should know more on thursday or friday for sure.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

hawkhavn

Mudcat,

Might I humbly suggest, your skills may be better invested at Crittenden helping with KY.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

DHolder

Thanks guys for bailing me out. I need to haul my sons scout troop home from summer camp. I still plan on Riley on Sunday.

ATM

Quote from: SPQR on July 19, 2011, 02:46:01 AM
I can help at Riley on Saturday.  I will see what I can do about shooters but i am not well liked...

Cool. And I've always thought that it's better to be revered than liked anyway.  ;D

KYWindage

I've almost exhausted all of my days off. I'd love to help out, but my movements are going to be restricted to within 50 miles(gonna focus on library seeds). I am scheduled for Knob Creek(sept10/11) and West Baden(Oct 22/23). I might be able to squeeze more blood out of this turnip, but it'll be later in the year(Oct/Nov/Dec).
Good Luck!

-KYW
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

SPQR

how many shooters we got fer this un?  I got one, a veteran seeder.  how can this shoot be so sparsely populated?  It is the first time they ever let ATM and SPQR work a shoot without chaperones, who knows what could happen?  :bomb:
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Bill 3

How much food is available?
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

SPQR

We are going to keep it light during the day and then ambush some poor, unsuspecting restaurant while it comes down out of the trees for water. 

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

ATM

Quote from: SPQR on July 22, 2011, 10:09:00 PM
how many shooters we got fer this un?  I got one, a veteran seeder.  how can this shoot be so sparsely populated?  It is the first time they ever let ATM and SPQR work a shoot without chaperones, who knows what could happen?  :bomb:

3 more prior seeders for sure and possibly 2 more priors I've been in contact with. Hopefully some walk-ons as well. It will be epic. Fewer witnesses is probably a good thing.  ^-^

POC

I wish I'd gone to the AS.  We were supposed to have a "Sniper shoot" (distance shooting) at a guys house near Mooresville.  That was great, till a neighbor called the police and they shut down the shoot for "inadequate backstop". I've never heard such cited. He was not able to point out where this was in IC, but the land owner didn't want to push it so we all quit.  I got to shoot 3 shots.
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.

ATM

Quote from: POC on July 29, 2011, 03:45:01 AM
...I got to shoot 3 shots.

Bummer. But you did make those 3 shots count, right?  :cool2:

Hopefully, you were able to do a little AS promo work amongst the other attendees as well.

POC

Yes, I did hit all 3 shots :D

And I did advertise Appleseed.
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.