News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Rosebud MO July 16-17

Started by thursday, July 18, 2011, 05:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thursday

Saturday
13 preregistered shooters
9 walk on
Sunday
6 preregistered
1 walk on
weather High 90s and humid
We had a much better than expected turn out for the first shoot on this range with loots of new and young shooters, By my count we had 9 youth on the line.  We had marked improvement but no rifle man scores.
I was really impressed with the persistence of so many young people who never sat out a single course of fire inspire of the heat.
I was afraid one young lady on Sunday wouldn't let us go home.  Can we shoot one more AQT ? Please!
Special thanks to all the instructors Restless, BrumleyDog, Patriot and proud of it, Simon and especially MOGromit who helped to make this weekend a sucess.
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

andrea9k

I was honored to attend this shooting and had an incredible time, although the beating sun forced me to stay in the shade for a while on Saturday.

A big thank you to all the instructors, specially Cathy who was very kind and detail oriented with me and my husband.

I think it is very possible I will be attending the ladies only event in September. I just have to find a good rifle I can get to know very well in advance.  :~

There is not a single square inch in my body that is not bruised, sun burnt or flat sore. That much fun we had!!!  ^:)^ For sure, I am not as young as I used to be!!!

Something I am sure I will always remember is the passion with which the instructors shared pieces of history during the short breaks in between shootings. I for sure will read both books recommended (Paul Revere's Ride and 1776). I am sure it will be helpful for my US citizenship examination :) and even if it is not, it will be a very interesting and inspiring reading.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge/skills and your love for this beautiful country. I wish more people knew about you and were willing to join. I will definitely bring at least one lady to the event in September.

Keep up the great work and see you in Sept.

Jessica

thursday

Thanks for the kind words Jessica, and congratulations on your citizenship, we need more Americans like you.
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

PatriotAndProudOfIt

It was a GREAT shoot wasn't it?
I could not believe the tenacity of the students.
In the tremendous heat, the will to learn was inspiring.
Jessica, you improved so much.  You are so kind.
I am so excited you are looking forward to Lady Appleseed in September.
We are expecting great things from a soon to be U S Citizen. Congrats!
Fabulous job Chester!  Great work from my cohorts on the line.
Lots of learning, lots of inspiration from each one of you.
PatriotAndProudOfIt aka Kathie Z

Survival Doc

Thanks again, Thursday. It was a great shoot! (My first. ) I can't wait for the next one! I think I'll be going to Osage Beach, MO next. Keep up the good work and defend the Republic!
"Survival Doc" (#2 on the line  :---)

Celt

Well done guys! Glad to hear that you had such a good turn out. Ian
A Hessian captain (one of the 30,000 German mercenaries used by England) wrote in 1778, "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

"I need not take much pains to show, that the principles of this system, are extremely pernicious, impolitic, and dangerous. Here is a revolution as radical as that which separated us from Great Britain."  "I Smell A Rat!"  Patrick Henry

"Because they transgressed My covenant, And against My law they have rebelled... They have made kings, and not by Me, They have made princes, and I knew it not"  Hosea 8:1 and 4
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12