News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, July 9-10, 2011

Started by Reformed Redneck, July 15, 2011, 10:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reformed Redneck

Greetings to all,

We're a  little slow getting this AAR up and running.

Good shoot at Fernan Rod & Gun Club this past weekend. 11 shooters if I counted right. There were a number of repeats, but some new folks also. We had a guest SB visiting us from Minnesota.

This shoot moved right along. We were very pleased with the initiative and good attitudes among the shooters. Very few gear problems this time around also.

We had one new Rifleman (Riflewoman). Congratulations to Gina for a few Rifleman scores during the weekend. Well done. Let's get your boys up to snuff now.

Over all, this was a very enjoyable shoot. Everyone remember to do some 7th stepping to fill up these lines.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck.
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Whisker

It was a really good Appleseed.  Everything from the quality of instruction to facilities, to weather, to student attitude.  Simply, the positive attitudes kept everything running smoothly and effectively. 
Congrats Gina! Several others coming in close, hovering just below the 210 threshold. Help me out, what were your names again?  One more morning of AQTs would have made at least three more Riflemen out of the group. 

A true highlight was Reformed Redneck's really great KD component.  We moved the line to the full distance range on Sunday.  We kept a 25m firing line for most of the morning and afternoon AQTs, but after lunch, we did a KD classroom and shot 22s at 100 yards, and had five shooters with center fires get some groups out to 300 yards.  Everyone was at least hitting paper at full distance, and there were a lot of sub 4 moa groups.  The way it worked was a great set up, and will be emulated in the future. 

Instructors: Roland, Evenstar, Reformed Redneck, Betsy, Cedarpole, Deu1118.
Rounds fired:  Weekend count: Aprox 750rnds/student

Okay, chime in instructors and students if you're out there.  It was a great and humbling pleasure to be a guest SB out in the Idaho'vian region.  Thanks!
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

Roland

Ok...

Been a while, but here's what I remember...

Pederson (sp?) family: great job Gina! MacArthur, you are so close, man. Alex and Erik, you're both getting there. All of you, keep practicing and I hope to see you back ASAP. And remember, looooowwwww on the trigger.

Eric and Matt, good job considering the equipment issues you had. Get some Tech Sites, or scopes, and you'll get there.

Vernon, hope to see you back with your own rifle, and thanks for your service.

Eric S. (We had a lot of Erics/Eriks) It's always a pleasure to work with you, and to see what new toys you bring out on the line.

Luke, great job on improving your score.

That's all I can remember without pictures to remind me, hint hint.

See ya'll on the road,

Roland/Dirk
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Evenstar

We arrived in CdA from the West, and I thought to myself, who wouldn't want to be Appleseeding in Coeur d'Alene, ID?!?!?

What a great weekend! Those who came brought wonderful learning attitudes along with them, and often times, it showed in the AQT scores. Thank you to everyone who came 'seeding at FRGC. O0

Big congratulations go to Gina, who scored rifleman several times over the weekend. It was awesome to work with you again (excellent KD targets!), and I'm sure I'll be seeing you on the line again soon. ;)

MacArthur and Erik, you guys are so close. You'll both get a patch to match your parents' soon. Alex, thanks for putting up with me. ;D Oh, and for actually putting into practice the pointers I gave. :)

We also had a French foreign exchange student on the line. While the language barrier was a bit difficult to navigate (his English was a bit sparse), Tim did a fantastic job staying safe and did great at picking up what we were teaching. He was shooting really well, and his AQT scores reflected that. While he didn't get a Rifleman badge, he went home with a Jr. Patriot Patch and an Appleseed t-shirt. It was great to work with you, Tim!

Eric and Matt, thanks for making the trek over from MT! Get some dry-fire practice in, and I hope to see you on the line again soon!

Joleen, it was great working with you! Thanks for bringing a learning attitude. Work on those 6 Steps, do some dry-firing, and the rest will come. :)

Instructors, always a pleasure to work with you all. Whisker, it's always great to see how different SBs work their shoots. Thanks for being our guest shoot boss!

OK, here are Saturday's pictures. Will post Sunday pics shortly.

Cedarpole teaching 6 Steps on Saturday

Whisker and Mr. Clean teaching NPOA

Part of our attentive group

Joleen working on prone

The Petersons working on their prone positions

Alex in sitting

Our Riflewoman, Gina!

Gina and her French 'son'

There's that patch!
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Evenstar

And Sunday's pictures...

The two young guys paired up during carding the sights (which we had time to do both days!)

Instructor EERT got to shoot too

More sitting position practice

Reformed Redneck told 3rd Strike

KD lesson

Getting some KD practice in, for .22's and centerfire alike

And the 200 yard targets

Father and son

Tim

Eric

Our Jr. Patriots!

And the instructors

And of course, the photographer had to get a little 'trigger happy' with some artsy shots. ;)

OK, I'm done now. :) Thanks for a great weekend all!
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Roland

It ain't artsy if it's a rifle...

Tim, C'était génial de travailler avec vous, et la barrière de la langue n'était pas un problème! Je suis désolé que vous n'ayez pas votre patch carabinier, mais j'espère que vous avez toujours eu du plaisir. Pour quelqu'un qui n'a probablement jamais ramassé un fusil, vous avez tiré bien. Pardonnez Google translate pour la grammaire ...

Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

eert

Instructor EERT spent Sunday trying to learn how to shoot wrong minded.  I'm not sure I'll torture myself again in this manner, but it was a humbling and learning experience.  It gave me a whole new perspective on the problems that beginning shooters experience with consistent eye relief/cheek weld.  DRY FIRE, DRY FIRE, DRY FIRE!!!

eert

Western Rose

Looks like you all had a great CdA shoot! I'm sorry to have missed it. Can't wait for the next one.

Gina, congratulations!!! O0 I heard that you shot your Rifleman score shortly after the event as several instructors were very excited. ;)

Evenstar, thanks for the pictures. Love them all!!! (especially the artsy ones)

EERT, WELL DONE!!! At least you've tried! The new perspective thing is totally true. Dryfiring helps immensely!!!

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

OnlyHitsCount

Everytime I see the after action shots at the Cd'A range, I am jealous I couldn't be there!  What a gorgeous day to be out shooting!   :cool2:

@ Gina - Fantastic!  So excited for you, and I hope to have the opportunity to meet you at an AS soon.  Congratulations!!   ^:)^

@ Roland - huh?   ???

@ eert - Wow!  Way more brave than I.  Hope to see you at the Medical Lake event.

@ Evenstar - Always love the photos, even the artsy-uns!   ;)
That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.  Psalm 26:7

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  - John the Baptist

God doesn't believe in atheists.  (Romans 1:20)

Roland

Just for the record, I don't speak French. At all. but Google Translator does.  ;D