News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Interesting Book for Rifleman

Started by KED, July 10, 2011, 10:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KED

I am in the process of reading a very interesting book called "The Marine from Manatee, A Tradition of Rifle Marksmanship". It is the story of Col William Harllee whos live work was to build rifle ranges and teach rifle marksmanship to the military and civilians around the time of WWI. His dream was to return America to a nation of Rifleman (Sound familar) This book was put out by the NRA in the 80s and can still be found on ebay and used book sights for around $20. I highly recomend it!

slim

Sounds familiar alright! Sounds like a good read, too.

Thanks for sharing.

FreedomV

Hi, I was looking for the thread talking about the Nelson Abbac book ."Freedom's Forge, Striking the sparks of Liberty" I just finished reading it and it was a great book.  Kind of like detailed pre strike and first strike of the match from the perspective of some of the people there and a few fictional characters. The book states that it was written by an RWVA instructor from northern Ohio.  I would like to thank him and promote this excellent book.
sg 
Illegitimi non carborundum

TaosGlock

Will definitely get that one! Thx.

Sounds like Col. Harllee's mission was similar to Col. Townsend Whelen:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=24688.msg190157#msg190157
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Cadence

Quote from: FreedomV on July 22, 2013, 12:06:48 PM
Hi, I was looking for the thread talking about the Nelson Abbac book ."Freedom's Forge, Striking the sparks of Liberty" I just finished reading it and it was a great book.  Kind of like detailed pre strike and first strike of the match from the perspective of some of the people there and a few fictional characters. The book states that it was written by an RWVA instructor from northern Ohio.  I would like to thank him and promote this excellent book.
sg 

The Instructor's forum name is Blindman. I work with him at the Gibsonburg AS shoots. Just as a teaser, He is working another book, so stay tuned.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

FreedomV

Illegitimi non carborundum