News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

JOHN ROSS LIBERTY TRAINING RIFLE MEMORIAL SHOOT

Started by Pappy, July 08, 2011, 09:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pappy

Hello Team Illinois, & Patriots from other states,
There is a great chance to make history happen near Alton Illinois.
This is non other that the Legendary John Ross Range.
The author John Ross wrote the rare almost impossible to get book Unintended Consequences, it is one that you will never forget reading, also one with a warning label- does that seem odd to any one else?
John has been known to stop in during a shoot to autograph any of his books that made there way to the shoot. You may also get to see a demonstration.
The John Ross range is in a Quarry just like in the book, the depth of the water is not the same as in the book, that is all I will give away...
PUT THIS EVENT ON THE WALL YOU NEED TO BE THERE We need staff to help fill out this shoot. Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

2 clicks low

Will do.
.....errrr.... when & where exactly?

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

mtbrass

Pappy, I am just finishing up that book, WOW, had to check it out from the library, tried to find it and couldn't buy one, been on my list for awhile and even had to wait to get it from the library.

Wonder if I would get in trouble if I take it and let him sign it if he is there? I may just take my chances on that one, it would be doing the library a favor. 

Got lucky enough to take his conceal carry class and see him shoot at that range. Amazing person with an amazing book. :bow:

TCL- the range is listed as Alton on the schedule if you want to check it out. There are already quite a few shooters signed up and this place has in the past turned out several riflemen at a time.

EEL

mtbrass,

If I were headed to Alton, I'd surely have my copy with me...just in case  ;)

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Wade

Heck thats one of the few books I keep in my truck with me its that good worth rereading a few times , Other then the Good book and repair manuals and reloading books not many that I reread let alone keep with me.

And yep it is a  Rock quarry and perfact for AS shoots ,been there once,,,,,,

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

channelizer

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

colycat

Good grief.  I gave a copy of this book to someone to read and can't remember who it was.  Used on Amazon for $99.00.  Shoot!
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Johnnyappleseed

Has anyone made a sign for Rollo Mo. " Home of Cindy Caswell"? ::)
Just checking
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

kenjo

$99 used? Wow! I just checked my copy and found the original price was $28.95. I didn't realize I was getting a collectable when I bought it   ^:)^ ...I also have the electronic version on my e-reader.

I'm jealous that I won't be able to make it to this shoot, though.
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

colycat

BTW, there are 24 students for this shoot and there is no SB.

Any one care?
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

I care, probably should put up a request on the SB board.

D-fly

Quote from: colycat on July 11, 2011, 08:23:54 PM
BTW, there are 24 students for this shoot and there is no SB.

Any one care?
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: colycat on July 10, 2011, 11:44:56 PM
Good grief.  I gave a copy of this book to someone to read and can't remember who it was.  Used on Amazon for $99.00.  Shoot!

Heck, last time I checked pricing....  $99 would've been a heck of a deal! 
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

mtbrass

I care. FYI there is another shoot at this range in August so ....