News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

??? ALBQ Shooting Range park is closed indefinitely

Started by TruTenacity, July 08, 2011, 09:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruTenacity

Just came into RWVA gmail:

QuoteIs this shoot still on? [Albuquerque, NM Appleseed - July 16-17]

The ALBQ Shooting Range park is closed indefinitely due to the fire danger since it's city-owned & considered an "open space". How close to the shoot will the decision be made or could it be moved to Del Norte maybe?

Anyone care to verify?
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

WindRider

Yup, it's closed.  The City's website confirms:   http://www.cabq.gov/openspace/  And they're very serious.

The FAQ page says "All areas are expected to remain closed until the City receives substantial rainfall.  The City of Albuquerque will announce the reopening of Open Space areas in a press release and the information will be posted on our website."

The weather forecasts of late have been on the order of "Rain Tomorrow! ...  Oh well, maybe Rain Tomorrow!"  Next week looks promising, but whether that will amount to "substantial rainfall" is not known to mortals.

And currently Eventbrite reports 0 pre-regs.

Also, it is a long way from the boondocks of Albuquerque to the boondocks of Rio Rancho if there was any way to reschedule to the Del Norte range.  Walk-ons would not be pleased.

nmmi9100

I suggest cancelling it post haste if you've got no pre-registrations.

Edgewood Shoot 30-31 July for anyone that wants to come help.  We should be good.  Was out at the range yesterday and it rained on us a few times.  Plus we're not as dry as the other side of the hill.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Devnull

Yup. Just became aware of this. Going to cancel.
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

Gideon

SlimJ72

Devnull & Gideon,

I sent the initial request on the event page - glad I checked back to see the confirmation here.  I'll have to catch you guys at another one. Planning for the Ruger Shoot on 8/6-7 out at Founders Ranch & am a member of DNGC now, just as a quick FYI.

Now to spread the word on this shoot being cancelled.  Looks like the main Appleseed site still lists the event, but if you click on Information - the July dates are not listed now... And if you click to register it notes the event is not available.  Should be good-to-go there.

See you soon - shoot straight!

~SlimJ (Jason)