News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tri Village Rod & Gun Club - Velatia, NY

Started by Another D.O.M., June 30, 2011, 01:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another D.O.M.

I've spoken a couple of times with a fellow who is a member of this club.  I'll be attending their monthly meeting tonight, informally, to visit with the members and talk about our program.  If they like me (and who doesn't?), I'll return next month for a more detailed discussion of Project Appleseed and scheduling an event or two at their range.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Another D.O.M.

Wow - I butchered that one!

It's Valatie, NY...
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Another D.O.M.

This was a good first meeting with the club members.  I introduced myself (and Krisker, who was along to help promote Appleseed), briefly explained what Appleseed is about, and fielded many questions after the meeting was adjourned.  There was a lot of interest from the members, about half of whom took one of our tri fold fliers.  One fellow I spoke with said he'd talk to friends who are members of other nearby clubs to generate interest for us.  He also seemed quite interested in the process of becoming an instructor within the program.  Another young man said he is trying to get a Jr. Rifle Team started at the club, and he was very interested in what our program offers.

I have a return visit scheduled for the end of July.