News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: La Crosse, WI June 25-26, 2011

Started by Blue Five, June 26, 2011, 10:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Five

What a great weekend!  Thanks to all the shooters who came out to La Crosse's fifth Appleseed!  It has been exactly one year since we hosted our first one!

Congratulations to Zach on earning his Rifleman patch!

Great group of students, very attentive, and were quick to repeat all six steps to firing the shot early Sunday morning.  It was great to work with the other instructors who came out!

Pictures are incoming from the Fater clan.
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

CIVLAKFLT

I'll attempt to attach pictures. I'm not familar with this format.

CIVLAKFLT

Instructors' muster

CIVLAKFLT

The celebrated Mr. K.

CIVLAKFLT

Mr. K. gives an overview of the events leading up to April 19, 1775.

CIVLAKFLT

AhhhShoot  recounts the little-known facts of our nation's founding.

CIVLAKFLT

A great deal of instruction goes into preparing participants to take their first shot.

CIVLAKFLT

A young Marine checks in to Appleseed.

CIVLAKFLT

Highly-experienced volunteers organize the weekend shoots and are an important source of information and guidance.

CIVLAKFLT

There were many young people at Appleseed, including a few Marine and Air Force reservists.

CIVLAKFLT

The instructors take their duties seriously and they keep watch over the shooters to make sure all safety rules are followed.

CIVLAKFLT

Another instructor relates the history of our country's founding.

CIVLAKFLT

A young Marine receives some instruction from Professor Gun.

CIVLAKFLT

A participant fires his rifle during one of the many shooting evolutions.

CIVLAKFLT

People of all ages and backgrounds come to Appleseed to improve their rifle skills and to learn about the sacrifices made by others that created a nation.

CIVLAKFLT

An instructor continues the story of America's founding.

CIVLAKFLT

A Marine earns his Rifleman patch. Congratulations!

CIVLAKFLT

CIVLAKFLT

Another young man displays his outstanding effort.

CIVLAKFLT

An Appleseed member makes steady progress to her Rifleman patch.

CIVLAKFLT

A young man and Mr. K listen to an instructor's story.

CIVLAKFLT

Everyone seemed to enjoy the history lessons as much as the shooting.

Blue Five

Unfortunately we were unable to snap a photograph of the Shoot Boss in his flip flops on Saturday morning as he arrived  **)  **)
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

CIVLAKFLT

CIVLAKFLT

We had a nice turnout for the event.

Trisha

I was only able to attend this Appleseed for a short time, Saturday I shot a little and Sunday I instructed in the afternoon, but I still had a wonderful time. Being able to meet everyone I did, Fater family, BuzzG, Josh, Bre...etc made those few hours of instructing worth every second I was there, so THANK YOU.

I can't wait to get back to LaCrosse, possibly in September!!!

CIVLAKFLT

Our instructors for the weekend. They all did an outstanding job and I appreciated their patience and willingness to explain concepts, give one-on-one instruction and to impart valuable information about shooting and our national heritage.

CIVLAKFLT

The family that shoots together...

Blue Five

Quote from: Trisha on June 27, 2011, 12:26:37 AM
I can't wait to get back to LaCrosse, possibly in September!!!

Hopefully you guys will be able to make it!  It was great to meet both you and ahhshoot.

professor gun

Beautiful pictures, Diane.  I thoroughly enjoyed this Appleseed, perfect weather, a great group of students to work with, particularly watching Bre progress to a point where she was comfortable shooting her rifle and enjoying herself.  No matter how many Appleseeds I attend either as participant or instructor in training, I learn something.
Many thanks to the members of the La Crosse Rifle Club for loaning rifles and donating ammunition so that several Marine Corps poolees could obtain rifle instruction and shoot for free.  We even had a young man who is going into the Air Force join us Sunday and were able to provide him a loaner rifle with ammo.
Thanks to our shoot boss and red hats for putting on a great Appleseed at the La Crosse Rifle Club.
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.