News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Carrollton, KY Jun. 25-26 2011

Started by slim, June 26, 2011, 06:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

What had been only two folks pre-registered for the last few weeks morphed into a cozy little firing line of eight shooters by today.  ^:)^ We're Appleseeding!!

We had an absolutely spectacular day to shoot on Saturday with perfect temperatures and a nice shady line. Sunday was a bit wet but amazingly enough, the rain stopped promptly at 8:30 AM and we got on with the business of saving the country.

Each individual shooter halved their group sizes over the course of the weekend and by Sunday afternoon, we were all a little tuckered out from that hard work of up and down, up and down, sit, stand, walk the 25, walk back. May be nothing for you whipper snappers, but the average age on the line Saturday was 60+!  O0

The young bucks came out on Sunday and did a little  :--- with the bigger calibers. Nothing like hearing that pew, pew, pew of the .22s turn into BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! of the big guns. HUZZAH!!!

The fire that's been lit for the cause of liberty was burning bright in this group. They brought it with them and I'm sure we'll se more of it in the future. Can't wait to see you folks back out on the line again soon. Don't forget to dry fire practice.... and don't forget to stretch!

Unbridled Liberty

I enjoyed meeting new folks and making new friends.  Hope to see you all again at another 'seed in the future.  Here is a link to some pictures:

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Mudcat

Was there an orange hat handed out????

Looks like a great time for sure.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: Mudcat on June 27, 2011, 08:37:19 PM
Was there an orange hat handed out????

Looks like a great time for sure.

Indeed there was.  The newest IIT in Kentucky is my son, "FMJ"  ^:)^.  I'm sure he would appreciate a PM welcoming him aboard.
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

slim

Yep! A big HUZZAH!!! to FMJ for taking on the Orange Hat.

(FMJ wasn't actually known as FMJ at the time of this posting... I didn't want to put, "Some kid" got an Orange Hat because as we all know... there's no such thing as "some kid" at Appleseed. Junior shooters, young patriots, etc., etc., etc. But they're never just "some kid!")

Can't wait to see you all on the trail again soon.