News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NY State Rifle Festival 8-10 July Rotterdam,NY

Started by Spartan, June 21, 2011, 10:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

Anyone else plan on going???  Details below:)

With the Empire State Games (ESG) cancelled for 2011, the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association has stepped in to sponsor an International Rifle Festival on July 8-10 at the Iroquois Rod & Gun Club in Rotterdam. The festival is open to competitors who are members in good standing of the NYSRPA.

The festival will be modeled on prior ESG competitions. The program includes metric prone, 3-position rifle and air rifle events, and there will be matches for scholastic and open competitors. All matches are limited to iron sights. Unlike the ESG, there will be no tryouts required for specific matches; competitors can compete in any or all of the events. Medals will be awarded to scholastic and open competitors who fire the top three scores in each event.

Competitors who would like entry forms or more information about the festival should contact Chuck Meyer at cmeyer1@nycap.rr.com or 518-265-3555.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"With your shield or on it"

Another D.O.M.

This will be an unprecedented opportunity for 7th Stepping.  I'll be checking w/ our contact at NYSRPA to see if we can set up an Appleseed Info Booth at the event.  If so, I'll be soliciting for volunteers to staff it.  That would get us great press with Watervliet F&G as well as within the NYSRPA shooting community.

Thanks for posting this John!
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

sgtrock

LittleMo

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on June 21, 2011, 11:08:55 AM
This will be an unprecedented opportunity for 7th Stepping.  I'll be checking w/ our contact at NYSRPA to see if we can set up an Appleseed Info Booth at the event.  If so, I'll be soliciting for volunteers to staff it.  That would get us great press with Watervliet F&G as well as within the NYSRPA shooting community.

Thanks for posting this John!
Spartan,
Thanks for posting this! I will most likely be there unless something comes up, and there's not much that will keep me away. (a bad chest cold didn't keep me away from the last AS event!)  7th stepping and watching the matches! O0

ADOM,
Count me in! Iroquois R&G is less than 10 min from my place. I can be there either on Saturday or Sunday even without a booth. If you could find out if Iroquois R&G would let us if there is room, I could bring the camper and we could use all 33 feet of it for our display area!

This could be a great opportunity for RWVA and NYSRPA to promote to local rod and gun clubs for hosting an Appleseed. Speaking of, will there be a formal letter (not the press release) of introduction from NYSRPA to be sent to local clubs about Project Appleseed or that we can hand out at this event?

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

R1SGx2

Thanks Spartan, I posted this event at Saraspa,

ADOM, LittleMo, and Team, count me in for working the table if allowed. Will support in all I have and work it Sunday.

We did well at the table in Wallkill NY for the NYSRPA picnic.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Another D.O.M.

This is a GO!

Per Joe D., "You are clear to set up whatever you would like at the International Rifle Festival....Please see Chuck Meyer at the event to coordinate."

I will not be able to attend, as I'll be instructing at Throop with Scout this weekend.  So you folks are on your own.  Coordinate amongst yourselves, you're all big kids now.  Whoever can spend an hour or two promoting Appleseed, that's fantastic.  And thanks to all for your help with this!

Let me know if you need anything - but only thru noon on Friday.  After that, I'll be on the road.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

R1SGx2

QuoteADOM, LittleMo, and Team, count me in for working the table if allowed. Will support in all I have and work it Sunday.

Me again....

Another D.O.M.

Do you need any printed material?  I have SWATs, Dillons & Nick's tri fold fliers...

R1SGx2

ADOM,
If I could have some SWATS, I will print the national flyer and some promo targets, I have some trifolds.
I will head there Sunday with pop-up and table with banners. Sunday shoots are 9am and 1pm, I will be there at 8am hoping to meet Chuck Meyer.
Will call you later and arrange a met for handouts.
Good luck in Throop

LittleMo

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on July 07, 2011, 11:32:10 AM
Do you need any printed material?  I have SWATs, Dillons & Nick's tri fold fliers...
Mark,
PM sent.

If anyone can make it there this weekend, let us know. The more that can, the more 7th stepping!

Gary

The Mrs.

I looked at the NYSRPA site to find Saturday's hours.  Are they also 9-1 like Mark found for Sunday??
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

Spartan

Hats off to Little Mo and the MRS.  I arrived at the NY State Rifle festival to see both of them heavily engaged in 7Th stepping!!!!  They had Posters, targets, handouts, huge banners, big smiles and friendly attitudes.  Much better than Lions, tigers and bears but still an oh my at the job they did.  Junior shooters, Master shooters, parents, and coaches from all over NY state came Saturday and others will be there on Sunday.  these two did a great job spreading the word to friendly and receptive crowd!!!  I know they would rather have been shooting against the stiff wind and competition though.  Great Job!!!  It was also great to see so many youth programs from long island to Saratoga, Glenns falls and Galway, NY.  thank you two for stepping up!!! 

Another D.O.M.

Outstanding!  Thanks to everyone who pitched in to pull off this major 7th Stepping opportunity with very short notice from myself.
MJA

LittleMo

The festival was a great 7th stepping opportunity and we ALL pulled it off wonderfully!

Big thanks to NYSRPA and huge thanks to Iroquois Rod and Gun club! Of course above all, thank you! to the folks that stopped by to talk to us! :bow:

The club has invited Project Appleseed to come back for the small bore regional that will be held there on Labor Day weekend! Another 7th stepping opportunity! Details to follow.

Gary

R1SGx2

I arrived Sunday morning to augment Little Mo and The Mrs., I hope there are pictures., very nice job. displays were set up very professionally. Hats off to both of them.

Again Team Northeast, New York Detachment on the move.

The Mrs.

A great weekend was had by all!!  The venue could not have been nicer and the people more friendly and receptive.  Spoke with folks from LI, to Syracuse, to way up north.

Nibbles for possible seeders from all over the state.  Kept a list of the remaining scheduled shoots for 2011 throughout the Empire State, so folks could easily find the shoot closest to them.  Also spoke with some folks who might have ranges near them that might be interested.  ADOM - we might be keepin you busy for awhile  ;D

Spartan and StickMark - thank you for coming and helping out.

Yup, there are pics.  Gary just needs to find some time.

Sue
See with love and truth
Hear with love and truth

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

The Mrs.

While Gary and I are not qualified yet to present history, we do have a trailer!!  LoL  It is housed in Colonie, minutes from Albany.

If anyone needs a place to sleep let either Gary or I know.  So if you want to save yourself some money, let us know.  The trailer can sleep up to 10.

Sue
See with love and truth
Hear with love and truth

Spartan

Next match at Forbes in August I will be there:))