News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Roswell NM June 18-19 shoot

Started by Jimi, June 19, 2011, 11:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimi

Well if you like a hot day at the range, we had it this weekend. Wee need the "Hell" of a shoot patches for this one. Saturday saw a high of 105º with sustained winds of 22 and gusts to 32. Sunday we hit 107º and had sustained winds of 28 gust to 40. With all that we had 5 shooters knocking on the door Saturday, and made 3 Rifleman before lunch Sunday. Mike, Jim and Clayton, you are very well Men who know what they are About.

With conditions that would make most stay home under air conditioning and watching the one eyed mind melter, we had a line of 16 Saturday and 15 Sunday that refused to stop, quite or give up. Putting better than 30 gallons of water down for shooters and instructor corp all stayed with it and made outstanding improvement far beyond what could be expected.

Our shooters ranged from the boot heal of NM to as far away as Florida. We were pleased to have participants in our instructor corp from local to as far away as Lubbock Tex. Thank you again Tim for stepping up to the challenge and driving so far to provide so much for all of us.

Again I would like to thank everyone for showing up and making My personal Fathers Day a very special day.

More Later,
Jimi
Jimi AKA Desert Eagle
100% USCG Vet ITWPATWT

Jimi

I forgot to add that the humidaty was 5%, now that is dry heat.
Jimi
Jimi AKA Desert Eagle
100% USCG Vet ITWPATWT

gratefuldog

Three Riflemen @ 107*! That rocks; Well Done!!! O0 O0

DieslPwrd

:bow: Thanks again to the great instructor crew for a productive and fun shoot.   :bow:
Being born free is a privilege. Living free is an honor. Dying free is a responsibility. - LTC David Grossman

BobABQ

Three Riflemen at 107 degrees? Very well done!

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

scuzzy

Quote from: Jimi on June 19, 2011, 11:44:15 PM

With conditions that would make most stay home under air conditioning and watching the one eyed mind melter, we had a line of 16 Saturday and 15 Sunday that refused to stop, quite or give up. Putting better than 30 gallons of water down for shooters and instructor corp all stayed with it and made outstanding improvement far beyond what could be expected.

Yeah Jimi, you meet the best America has at Appleseeds. I don't know how hot it was at the shoot I did last weekend in Davilla but it was hot as the dickens. Looks like this is gonna be one hot dang summer. And dry.

Congrats to the new Riflemen. OooRah.

I was just talking about NM and the 'ghost town'  to my wife this last week. Dang I'd love to get out there and do a shoot with y'all someday God willing. Give my regards to all the boys down your way.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Jerry Hall

CONGRATULATIONS to Appleseed's newest Riflemen...Mike, Jim & Clayton O0 ^:)^ O0.

107* in the shade...30+ gallons of water... 3 new Riflemen...Sounds like a nice end to Spring in the the desert!

I sorta wish I was there to share in the fun and excitement!!!
Thanks to you all for stepping up :bow: :bow: :bow:

"...till we meet again...", HappyTrails....Jerry

"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

It was a great weekend with some great shooters and great instructors.  This weekend was my first one to participate as an IIT and I learned a TON.

I was very impressed with the attitudes of everyone at the event.  Yes, it was hot and yes it was windy but I really didn't hear many complaints.  In fact, Jim's (Jim that shot rifleman) daughter never gave up and kept improving her score throughout the weekend.  I kept thinking that I would have taken a break but she went back for AQT after AQT.

I have heard these instructors say that the best Americans they meet are at Appleseed events.  Yes, I met good people at the events I attended in the past but I really didn't have the time or the ability to interact with them much as a shooter.  This weekend showed me exactly what the other instructors mean when they say that.  As an IIT I was able to talk to almost every participant and got to know a few of them too.  Wow, we do have some good ones that attend these events.

Tim

Johnnyappleseed

Congratulations new Rifleman  O0
Hi to all I have met and BTW Scuzzy --------- California has airports too  ::)
I would honored to assist you in a shoot someday . ;)
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Mr.Freedom

Outstanding shooting. Hope there was plenty of sunblock lotion. 30 gallons of water. So smart to stay hydrated. Congrats on a great Appleseed event. The hotter than hell seed patch, I like it.
Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine

oladcock

Here are the photos, sorry they were late, I HATE computers! LOL

Great bunch of Americans proving those striving hard to bail the ship are TOUGH! Not only the 3 Rifleman, I have no doubt 3 or 4 will get theirs next time.....O.L.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

duc-dog

Congratulations to the three new "Rifleman".  Lot's of new faces on the line with that rifleman score within their grasp.  Sometimes you just have to relax and let it happen.  I am always amazed at the new shooters that come to an Appleseed and do well.  I guess there are no "bad" habits to break and they might be more receptive to instruction coming at it from a fresh perspective with no preconceived ideas.  Always great working with the southern New Mexico "crew".  Southern New Mexico seems to be spreading into Texas and gaining a toe-hold into Florida as well.  We don't pay much mind to borders down here.  If you show up, you are one of us. 

See ya all on the trail,
         Milt   
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)