News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR- Eureka, KS June 18-19, 2011

Started by 4bfox, June 19, 2011, 09:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4bfox

Another great shoot in the Flinthills of Kansas! Six shooters on Saturday and Sunday received rifle training and heritage at the wonderful Christian Hills Camp facility near Eureka, KS.

All made significant gains over their prior shooting abilities, but no Riflemen this time around. Keep at it, you'll make it next time!

Rachel won our "Zombie Rush" Sunday after lunch, and took home our fabulous door prize (you'll have to ask her what she got!).

Thanks again to all attending...come back and bring friends! Pics will follow later this evening (or tomorrow)....

Ben
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

Arclight

As an attendee to my first Appleseed I must say that I had a super time with the good folks in Eureka. The entire experience from learning more about the important events surrounding April 18-19, 1775 to learning good ol 'Yankee Riflery was well presented and fun to boot!  I heartily recommend this to anyone wanting to learn more about our American heritage and the ability to use a rifle.

I feel that I came away with alot including new friends! Many thanks to Ben, John and "Lady Ann" ( who took all of our ribbing very well ) as well as the two young guys ( sorry guys, forgot  your names ) who were instructors and line officers for us.

We also had a super venue at Camp Christian. The camp hosts, Audie and Bonnie, are great people... very friendly and helpful. The accommodations were first rate. Ms. Bonnie and Crew serve up a super breakfast!

See you guys down the trail after I get some more practice in and learn yoga so I can assume that seated position without so much difficulty! HA.
ARCLIGHT
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
~Sir Edmund Burke

AnnieOakley

Hi Arclight, I'm not sure if you are "M" or "the other M" (I can hear the response to that one already ;D ), but it was great to meet you both!  Thanks for making the weekend fun!  You left in such a hurry that you forgot your brass.  But don't worry, I found someone who was willing to take it home.  See you on the trail soon! 

Arclight

Lady Ann..err.. Annie Oakley! I am the older M.... I did manage to pick up my brass but the younger M left his for you or whomever wanted it.

Both of us M's enjoyed the heck out of this weekend and look forward to seeing all of you again... In all reality, the camaraderie was half the fun. Glad to have met an Ohio Buckeye who can shoot and is passionate about her heritage. Hope we get to meet again down the trail. We will try not to give you such a hard time.....!! ( L.O.L )

Looks like you guys are getting more storms tonight.... hope that you survive it all. Give our regards to Ben and John... keep the guys out of trouble and get your Red Hat young lady!
ARCLIGHT
~Sir Edmund Burke

4bfox

And, finally some pics:

(The two M's are on the right side of the line in the Stage 4 AQT pic)
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

Arclight

Great Pics.... Ms Rachel must fess up to what she won as the two M's had to leave due to work obligations!  Why is it that work must get into the way of fun??!?!?

You guys be safe and practice, practice, practice.....

Hey, now that I think about it, where on earth are the pics of John doing the safety dance?!?!? **)
ARCLIGHT
~Sir Edmund Burke

4bfox

Well Mike (Mark?! sorry dude)...I'm a little slow on the draw sometimes (with the camera)....John's usually moved on to something else by the time I'm ready!

I think the safety dance would make a FINE video for YouTube, don't you?!

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

Arclight

Ben,

Its Mike not Mark but that is ok - we "M's" get mistaken for each other all the time!....  I think John's safety dance would make a FINE You Tube addition.. in fact, he would rank right up there with the Chicken Dance I see at Oktoberfest every year!  I do believe a video is in order!
ARCLIGHT
~Sir Edmund Burke