News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A Followup Call from the Prez...

Started by Another D.O.M., June 13, 2011, 11:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another D.O.M.

...of the Saugerties, NY Fish & Game Club.

I spoke with this fellow many weeks ago about our program and he was very interested in securing an audience with the club's BOD for an Appleseed representative to discuss our program with them, in the hopes that they would agree to host an event or two.

The club has undergone some changes and these needed to be dealt with.  However, I received a F/U call from the club President this evening and he's ready to move forward with a meeting between the club Directors (maybe some, maybe all) and a Project Appleseed representative (yours truly unless either Josey Wales or kDan - or both - are still interested in visiting this range located just south of the Catskill Ski Region in the Central Hudson River Valley).  He passed along to me his hope that we could run an Appleseed or two at the club during the fall of this year.

I've proposed some possible dates for our meeting, which he will present to the Board members and get back to me with something that will work for the majority of them.

Stay tuned...
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Another D.O.M.

I'll be meeting informally with the directors of this club on Sunday morning, 7/3.  All looks good for an event, if not late this year than next (of course, I'll push for this and next!).
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Another D.O.M.

This turned out to be a productive meeting.  I spoke with the club President & Vice President.  They had many questions about the program, which I answered apparently to their satisfaction.  One concern of theirs was how to get folks to attend an Appleseed, should they agree to host one at their range.  I explained our promotions efforts and how we advertise our events state- and nation-wide through various channels.

At the conclusion of the meeting it was agreed that they would speak with the remaining (three) directors/officers about our program and if they were all in agreement they would propose hosting an Appleseed event to the general membership, hopefully in the fall of this year.  If all goes well, it is understood that the goal of Appleseed is to have repeat events at the range, to build a local instructor corps from the club members and surrounding community, and to spread Appleseed to other area clubs and ranges whenever and wherever possible.  Both were very enthusiastic about Appleseed.

I left them with a stack of color Dillons and SWATs, a framed 8x10 Rifle Teen poster, and a tri fold flier display.  They also have a copy of the Host Range Application, and they know how to get in touch with me.  If I don't hear from them sooner, I'll do a followup call in a month or so to see how things are progressing.

Miles to go before we sleep...

Dougum

And you had be believing that the Real Pres. called about Appleseed.  **)I should have known better !@#)

Doug
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Dougum on July 07, 2011, 12:10:04 AMAnd you had be believing that the Real Pres. called about Appleseed.
Aha!  I caught you paying attention - well done!