News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Knob Creek, June 11-12, 2011

Started by Gordon, June 13, 2011, 08:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon

Another fantastic Appleseed event! Who can think of a better way to spend a weekend than with 20 or so Americans intent on Marksmanship and Heritage?

Those Friday night thunderstorms and the forecast had me worried, but after all, the weather turned out to be just the way Kevin ordered it!

Good people, good program, good Cause, all at the famous Knob Creek. I think I can speak for everyone that it really was a great weekend.

I think a few of us have some picture to post, I'll do mine later. Just "getting the ball rolling" here --- I'm looking forward to reading what others have to say. Y'll chime in! :)

A few individual comments:

• Kevin and Corey, great having you out on Saturday, I didn't end up spending much time on your end of the line, but it was nice meeting you in the morning. Kevin, thanks for your substantial logistical support.

• "Sensei John", Ken, and Mike, you guys were an asset to the event, and I'm sure you're an asset to our country! Thanks for setting up the flag. John, hey! keep bringing your students out! :)

• Andrew, Dan, and Kathy, I think y'll did right to buy those slings. Once you get aperture sights, as you keep persisting you'll really start to close in on that Rifleman score.

• Tommy! What a crew you've got. Actually, I think young Philip is the glue that holds that team together --- a fine young man. It was so obvious that Elesia and Mary were having a great time, thanks for bringing them.  O0

• Greg, it's always great to meet other passionate Patriots, carry on man! I hope you'll come to some more Appleseeds. We're reaching a lot of Americans in a pretty effective way.

• Gordon "G-man", you're bringing your grandkids next time, right?   Carrollton is another nice venue I hear. But if we intersect on the "Appleseed Trail" again, fair warning: I'll be watching that trigger finger!  :cool2:

• Mark -- I can't remeber, did you say you've been to Appleseeds before? It sure looked like it. Persist in those fundamentals, you need the patch!

• Tom & Tony, nice rifles and, more important, nice shooting! Tony, you've clearly taken the instruction to heart, keep at it you'll have that patch soon I know. Tom, congratulations on that really nice group on that drill, you remember ...

• Aubrey, congrat's on the requalify. Sorry you couldn't make Sunday!

• Eric and Kevin -- Huzzah! Congratulations on the Rifleman scores! Eric do I remember rightly that this was your first Appleseed? If so, that's pretty impressive. So was Kevin's score of 222.

ALL OF YOU: Thanks once more for coming out. Persist in your Marksmanship, honor the Heritage, and spread the word in the best way you can!

-Gordon

Badookan

Hello Gordon,
This is Tom- up and registered-
great weather, great people, great seed!
And like the old soldier in that ballad, I now close my military career and just fade away, an old soldier who tried to do his duty as God gave him the sight to see that duty.

Douglas MacArthur

Gordon

Quote from: Badookan on June 13, 2011, 10:27:34 PM
Hello Gordon,
This is Tom- up and registered-
great weather, great people, great seed!

Hey Tom, glad to see the new screen name, welcome to the forums! Keep up the dry-firing (and the live-firing!) and I'll look forward to hearing about your getting the Rifleman patch! Regards to Tony too -- he defintely seems to Know What He's About.

-G

Gordon

More to follow :)

Gordon

a few more

Badookan

Thanks Gordon!
Well my Rifleman episode was completed in Montpelier Va in 2008- I used a Marlin bolt action tube feeder- LoL Yes it was a challenge- scored a 230 I believe. Should be recorded some where.
Glad to be onboard!
And like the old soldier in that ballad, I now close my military career and just fade away, an old soldier who tried to do his duty as God gave him the sight to see that duty.

Douglas MacArthur

tracker

Thanks to all the instructors, we had a great time. Looking forward to September at KCR.
Kevin/Tracker  Luke and Cory Stray cat

ky-kat

Yes,
Thank you to the instructors!  I hope to get some more friends out for the next event in Sept I believe....   @@)

brdholman

We couldn't have asked for a better weekend to shoot. Good weather, good shooters, and good instructors always make for a great weekend. Thanks for coming everyone and I hope to see you all again sometime.
Brad

Mudcat

Lots of familiar faces in there. Looks like everyone had a good shoot, a lot of fun and some learn'n ;D

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Badookan

Just a question as a new member, but everywhere I try to explore in here says an error has occured and the info is off limits to me. How can it become on limits????

Douglas MacArthur

aubs

This was my first appleseed and I want to say thanks to all the instructors!!!! Was a great experience. My girlfriend has assured me that she wouldn't injure herself around the house when the next appleseed comes around so that ill be able to make it on both days next time. This program was a great learning experience not only on for the shooting aspect but from a historical aspect as well. We must remember if we don't know are history we are doomed to repeat it. We all need to get involved and I think this program is a great start. Thanks again everyone the was there, and I look forward to the next one.

Johnnyappleseed

Kentucky --- way to go   :)
Welcome all new forum members  .

Looking good Gordan  O0
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Childofthe60s

Gordon,
It was a good day, thankful for the weather. I got a lot out of it, you guys did a great job. Just makes me want to do it again and again.

Of course as life works, things started to gel for me late in the day. Good thing I plan on coming to every Knob Creek event this year.

After a little practice at home, I believe that my efforts to shoot right handed (even though I am mostly right handed) while having a dominant left eye, were the wrong thing to do. I'm looking forward to the next one because I really think I will improve by shooting left handed. All I'll have to figure out is how to do quick mag changes. Oh, and having the body of a 25 year old wouldn't hurt ;)

Interestingly, I discussed this with my daughter after and learned that when she was in the police academy she discovered she was left eye dominant / right handed. She said her accuracy with the shotgun was way better after changing to shooting left handed. Speed loading was a bear, though.

Really looking forward to the next one in a couple of weeks. Gonna be hot though!

Greg