News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

couple of days until Cavalier

Started by jmdavis, June 09, 2011, 12:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

We only have a couple of days left before the Cavalier shoot. Right now we have 29 pre-reg and I expect a few walkons, but we can always squeeze in another shooter or two.

Cavalier Rifle and Pistol club is an excellent location with a covered line, indoor restrooms, showers, camping and a lake. Please be aware of the 10 mph speed limit on Boondock lane and make sure that you don't exceed it.

The shoot will begin at 8:30 on Saturday and Sunday.

If anyone needs more information please contact me at my cell as I will be out of email communication starting on friday. My number is 307-3428.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

pbcook

Wish I could be there, but there is a side effect to "getting involved."  When you "get involved" during a state election cycle, all of the sudden most of your weekends are spoken for!  I realize political specifics are taboo around here, but let's just say I'm trying to enhance liberty in our Commonwealth.

All is not lost though, this afternoon after work, I'm participating in a Service Rifle match to help keep my skills sharp!

jmdavis

Enjoy the match  and thanks for your efforts, When things work out we will see you at another AS.

Mike

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

The Wolfhound

PBCOOK, we will miss you and and your Marlins.  The shooting offer is still there when you are visiting Richmond.  There are, of course, a few more scheduled Appleseeds later in the year, even another December event at Black Creek after the election cycle has run for the year.

jmdavis

Actually there is at least one AS per month through the end of the year. I am still trying to schedule two more in VA Beach. The problem that we've run into is a new Military contract that has led to a very full schedule at that location.