News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Zanesville June 11-12

Started by Dangerous D, June 07, 2011, 10:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangerous D

Hey Everyone--- Looking forward to a great first event at the Briar Rabbit Club in Zanesville.  If you are coming as an instructor or shooter please make sure that you bring LOTS of drinking water.  With these summer shoots it is easy to underestimate how much your body needs. 

Also remember we typically shoot rain or shine (just no lightning) so be prepared as forcast is showing some rain on Saturday. 

Ratchett

Dangerous D is spot on, we went through at least 30 gallons of water this past weekend in M-burg. Also suggest if shooters or instructors have pop-up shelters to bring them along! Firing line is not a covered line, shade at the ready line will be a welcome relief between course of fire.

See you all Saturday morning if not before. Travel safe....

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Anwalt

First shoot, looking forward to it.  Bringing She Who Makes the Rules and Three Little Stinkers (10, 11, 14).  From what I've read online, this will be a great event with some excellent people.  We are stoked!

"An act that is inherently evil does not become moral simply because there's a majority consensus." - Dr. Walter E. Williams

GoldFish

Quote from: Anwalt on June 08, 2011, 07:30:08 PM
First shoot, looking forward to it.  Bringing She Who Makes the Rules and Three Little Stinkers (10, 11, 14).  From what I've read online, this will be a great event with some excellent people.  We are stoked!

Fantastic!!!  With the instructor crew that's going to be there, you shouldn't be let down. O0
Can't make this one as I have other obligations have me tied up this weekend...like my brother graduating college. ;D   
Ya'll have a good shoot!
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Shooterwolf

Bring plenty of bug dope, I was on Briar's rifle range 6/9 and the horse flies were out in force.

I'll be in Bluerock Sunday shooting a HighPower match, would it be alright to stop by Sunday afternoon and say howdy?

Jim.

KAH

Shooterwolf:

Thanks for the heads-up on the bugs!!  I'll put a couple of extra cans of spray in my gear box.

Please feel free to stop by on Sunday.  Since you've been to an AS before, you'll know the Sunday routine - AQT, AQT, AQT  ;)

Hopefully, you'll get a chance to see a few Riflemen receive their patch.  I have a feeling it's going to be a great group of shooters, at a great range, and a great weekend !!  I look forward to meeting you.

kah
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast