News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NRA Whittington Center, NM.....medical assistance

Started by CSHR, June 07, 2011, 09:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSHR

Hello all,

I am the volunteer 'Medical Director' for the Adventure Camp I at Whittington, which runs 6June to 24June. 

The 25th is a day off and the second section runs 26June-9July, would like you here 24June.

I am unable to provide coverage for the second section and I am passing the word to see if someone can help. This is a legal 'First Aid Station'. They'll accept EMT/EMT-P/ RN/NP/PA/MD and have a local MD contact.

The job consists of knowing the staff and the campers medical paperwork; running the first aid station; responding to all emergencies/concerns with the campers and throughout the facility.

They provide:
a vehicle to drive; portable radio; room & board; medical supplies and equipment; contact with instructors who have CPR/AED/basic first aid training.....if you fly in you get a ride from and to Colorado Springs airport....you also have access to this world class facility with great instructors & campers.

You are reimbursed for flight costs or driving costs; given a stipend of $120.00

PM me for questions/answers, I can send you my cell and we can talk if you like.

I got this spot through Taos Glock who was doing an RBC here and they asked him if he knew anyone...we/AS have a good relationship with the NRA here.

Thanks,

CSHR
"But rightful Liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the law" because the law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." -- Thomas Jefferson

CSHR

My bad....

The 'campers' are aged 13-20 years old & come from many different states.

Expectations for me are basic first aid and ship the 10 miles to the local hospital...who have a great working relationship.

CSHR
"But rightful Liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the law" because the law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." -- Thomas Jefferson