News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Davilla June 11-12

Started by Hack Ptui, June 07, 2011, 02:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hack Ptui

I signed up my son and myself to attend the Davilla Appleseed this weekend.  Anyone else here going?

I'm curious how big a turnout is usually at Davilla, what the conditions at the range are like, etc.

Thanks!  This will be our first time attending, and we're looking forward to it.

spitstickler

I'll be at Quail Creek this weekend, but you will have a blast in Davilla! Crowd size can vary widely.

Bring lots of water, snacks, sunscreen, bug spray (a pop-up canopy if you have one) reliable rifles and ammo that will run in them. Clothing for the heat and the rain. (You never know)
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

doubleLL

The weather in Davilla can change on a dime. Our motto was to be prepared for everything. I believe the temperature will be HOT. So please bring lots and lots of water. If you have something to cover the line that would be great since there isn't much shade.
  There is an outdoor shower and primitive restroom on site. The range is fabulous and the instructors are top notch. We always have fun at Davilla, I am sure you will as well.
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

Hack Ptui

Thanks!  I've got a 10'x10' fold-out canopy I can bring, if we can set it up on the line (I have no idea what the range is like, though).  Hopefully, that'll get some shade for a few of us out there.