News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New York State's First Ever LADYSEED!!!!

Started by kDan, June 02, 2011, 10:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

Hey New York! 

In a year of firsts, we've got just a few weeks before NY state hosts it's first ever LadySeed, and believe it or not, we've still got spots on the line!

Instructors are coming from all over the country, some of our top instructor talent that just happen to be women have made travel arrangements to converge on Calverton, Long Island for the week-end of June 25-26, and we want to welcome them with a big group of smiling New York female shooters.  If you are someone, or know someone that knows someone, get them out to our beautiful range!

In the words of one of our traveling Instructors, "Ladies, if you have been waiting for the right time to attend an Appleseed, this is it!"  Come learn about the heritage of this Nation while you learn to shoot a rifle.  After all, is there any reason you should NOT know how to operate a rifle?  Learn about the Brave Women of April 19, 1775 and how the events of the war - not only for this country's independance, but its BIRTH - unfolded.

"Fellas, if you have been waiting for the right Appleseed to send the wife to, this is it!"  Bring your wife, bring your daughter, and tell your neighbors!  Bring just one lady, and you get to chill on the far side with the Calverton Crew, cooking sausages and breaking paper. That's right, Calverton has two firing lines and we boys are gonna get to hang out on the second line and shoot an assortment of rifles while we cook some food for the ladies.  If you bring a lady, you're welcome to join us, but this is an ALL FEMALE INSTRUCTOR AND ALL FEMALE SHOOTER EVENT!  We'll be cooking.

This one will be talked about for a long time to come.  Who knows, maybe we're getting started on something new, something annual.  NYS joined the ranks of the military Appleseeds last August at Fort Drum, we held the nation's first Fred AIBC in December, recently hosted our first RBC and now we've got a LadySeed!  What's next?  Can any other state boast of all these things?  Let's make ourselves proud. 

Here's the info page:
(http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18261.0)
The only way to guarantee your spot is to pre-register here:
(http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1020033949)

Tell your Mothers, sisters, aunts, nieces, and cousins about this shoot. It is guaranteed to be a fun time and the MEN are on kitchen detail.   Ladies how can you resist that....seriously!

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Spartan

Sounds great.  Nice job putting it out there.  What are you guys cooking and please post a pic of the rifles you will put on the line:)
"With your shield or on it"

Scout

Great job guys, sounds like you will have a great event and some great(?) stuff to eat..... ;) You might think about contacting Judy Rhodes at DIVA-WOW. I am not sure how far her influence reaches from Texas, but she might be able to help you promote the event in NY from her organization and we are always trying to make alliances anywhere we can.

I will be in New York the week after the shoot and I hope to see a good deal of the NY crew, but I look forward to hearing/reading the AAR from this shoot in a couple of weeks. Let me know if I can be any help with this.

Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Western Rose

You guys are ACTUALLY going to be doing the cooking?!?! :o :D
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Josey Wales

..Kdan & VietVet, and the whole Calverton Family.. O0

..This is BIG, this is important and thank you for getting this off the ground here in our beloved New York State..

..Let us get this line filled to capacity, capacity, capacity..... cause the time to do something is now!!..

....Strength & Honor..........................JW.....................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

RifleWoman

Shoot boss needs to order the ladyseed shirts from me.  Please PM me an address to ship them too ASAP

Thanks,
RW
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

VietVet

Quote from: RifleWoman on June 07, 2011, 01:17:05 AM
Shoot boss needs to order the ladyseed shirts from me.  Please PM me an address to ship them too ASAP

Thanks,
RW

Standard Shoot Box Ordered.
Wasn't aware of Ladyseed Shirts.

PM with contact info sent.

Thanks,
V V.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Western Rose

Do instructors for this shoot get a Ladyseed t-shirt too?!? ??? :D :---
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

kDan

Quote from: Western Rose on June 03, 2011, 11:57:27 AM

Yes, we'll be cooking!  Just hope there's something left on the grill after the boys are done.  We can pack away some sausages.  VV, have you talked to bbqChris?  I don't have his number.

Last I heard we still had a bunch of places on the line.  I know a lot of folks that say they're coming but haven't registered yet, and Calverton has a history of filling up last minute, but it would be nice to see some more numbers on that tally.  I'm doing everything I can to pull some folks away from the Brooklyn Brunch table and into my broken little car.   

Remember, women who bring a man with them can dump him on the far line FOR FREE!  We're not hosting an event for the boys, but we will be shooting and eating and layin' around in the shade drinking lemonade.  What shade you ask?  I don't know; we'll find some.  I think VietVet is bringing his pool to the range so at least we'll have that.   ;)

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

TruTenacity

Yep, plenty of spaces on the line that need filled.

I just received and responded to this RWVA e-mail:

Quotehi!  i am an inexperienced shooter, very green, but very excited about this ladies event.  i have the necessary gear, is it ok that i have zip for experience??  thanks!!

Find more women like this to fill the line and this well staffed event will be a huge success.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

doubleLL

I have notified the DIVA-WOW group. They will be promoting the event on their website and Facebook page.   O0
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

VietVet

Quote from: kDan on June 07, 2011, 11:01:59 AM
Quote from: Western Rose on June 03, 2011, 11:57:27 AM

Yes, we'll be cooking!  Just hope there's something left on the grill after the boys are done.  We can pack away some sausages.  VV, have you talked to bbqChris?  I don't have his number.

Call put out to BBQChris.
Waiting for return.

Either way....YES, Guys will do the cooking.

Now 11 Registered.
As kDan mentioned Calverton does have a rep for filling the line at the last minute.
Seems to be the New York way.

OUR

Ratchett

Now where did I put those pink camo "LADYSEED MAN_SLAVE" t-shirts????? ;) ;D ;)
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Quote from: Ratchett on June 07, 2011, 07:40:20 PM

Thanks.  :) Updated my sig line after instructing in Lake Jackson, TX last weekend.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

The Log

Quote from: Ratchett on June 07, 2011, 07:40:20 PM
You design it, and I'll gladly buy one. And wear it. In public. Just not often.

</log>
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

Dakota

I don't have the famous accomodations that Rich does  :bow:, but if anyone from out of state needs a place to stay, I have room. O0
I'm only 15 - 20 minutes from the range and have two extra bedrooms (no beds, but I've got some noisy cots)
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

Dog Days

Hi Rich,

I am bringing 3 friends with me to the ladyseed. One of us would like to borrow a rifle and sling, another one need to borrow just the sling.....is it possible? I will supply the rest of them, but don't have enough myself.

VietVet

Quote from: Dog Days on June 11, 2011, 04:43:42 PM
Hi Rich,

I am bringing 3 friends with me to the ladyseed. One of us would like to borrow a rifle and sling, another one need to borrow just the sling.....is it possible? I will supply the rest of them, but don't have enough myself.

Yes, we can help you out.
PM sent.

Ladyeseed now has 21 Registered Shooters.
Looks like another sell out!
                                    OUR

kDan

Just days away folks, and still some spots on the line!  Don't miss this one.

To repeat, women who bring a manslave along get to send him away, over the hill, to cook. 

Men who bring a lady get to go over the hill and hang out with the rest of us, and cook, shoot rifles, eat danish, and smoke CharlieHotel's fine cigars.

Come meet some of Appleseed's top Instructor talent, and learn new stuff!  Seriously, the female Instructors that are coming to Long Island for this event are the best in the country.  Reason alone to come out even if this was NOT a special ladies only event.  I'm kinda relieved they won't let me work, so's I won't be put to shame by a crew the likes of which New York State has never seen before.  An act of kindness on their part I guess.  It will be an honor to be amongst them, even if only for lunch.

What say next year we schedule the LadySeed for Father's Day? 
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout