News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR- Ramseur, NC, May 28-30

Started by Lawrence, June 01, 2011, 05:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Ramseur, NC May 28-30 3-Day Memorial Day weekend Appleseed

NINE Riflemen!

For this memorial day weekend, neighbors from SC, VA, and all over NC came to hear the Appleseed story and honor those Americans who gave their lives in the service of our country and the defense of our liberty.

We began with 28 students on Saturday, increased to 35 on Sunday and ended with 17 returning Monday for a full day of Know Distance practice at the 500 yard range. As usual, even the Instructors were able to take turns on the KD line.

Our colorful, beloved, and superlatives ad infinitum Shoot Boss, 7.62BBQ was assisted by Hawkeye, Lawson, The Kid, Len1459, Lawrence, Toshbar, Cpl Turner and his wife, G19Jenz, Sadman and his son Grathlong, and our latest RBC graduate Randy, aka Chitty. This fine group of instructors earned five promotions over the weekend. Even Fred came by to observe and provide some much needed slings.

Our NINE new Rifleman, were made up of the young, the old and the lovely. Hopefully, photos will be added for clarification. Our youngest, Steven, age 13 has be coming with his family with regularity for over three years and they have consistently supported Ramseur Appleseeds. They will be required to tell the Strikes at the next event. This was the twins fourth Appleseed and like competitors, as soon as Allison made Rifleman, Courtney joined her on the following AQT. Our last Rifleman earned his patch on the last AQT fired on Monday to end the weekend. Generations of Rifleman are now being added.

The Ramseur range is under constant improvement. The new Instructor Cabin has been completed and its' air conditioned comfort was most welcome during the preceding RBC. The guest cabin interior is currently under construction and will likely be completed before the August RBC. We heard about some of the future plans as well. Propane Gas fired, on-demand hot water showers with stone tiled floors are next. Additional range improvements that will also add capacity. Can't argue with growth.

All of you deligent photographers please post photos! Comments by all are greatly welcomed! We truly appreciate your feedback regarding our efforts and our beloved program.

jmdavis

Way to go Ramseur!!!!!
35 unique shooters and 9 rifleman. Fantastic.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

G19Jenz

Here are some of the photos i took. I do not have any of the riflemen so please post them if you have them. Hopefully for the next Appleseed we can bring our professional camera. :)
-Jen
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
--Thomas Jefferson

Toshbar

More photos:

And our new Riflemen!

These are 10 of the 31 photos I took. The rest can be seen here: http://s741.photobucket.com/albums/xx51/toshbar/Ramseur%20Memorial%20Weekend%202011/  The password for the album is [RAMSUER] all caps, without brackets.
The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants.

DadOf4

Another great Appleseed weekend! I was back with all 4 kids for all 3 days. The boys are 14 now, and the girls are 12 and 9. To keep it brief, several firsts:

- Stephen made Rifleman!
- The others improved - they'll get there. Timothy and Noelle could both make Rifleman with a little more work.
- This was the first time we went up to the full distance range with popups - lots of fun!
- Stephen and Timothy shot their Mosin-Nagants at full distance. They had a blast (several dozen each). I couldn't get them to do a bayonet charge on the 500 yard targets though. Lazy I guess.

And many thanks and kudos to the red and orange hats, and to the Shoot Boss 762BBQ!

We'll be back, hopefully with others in tow next time.

DadOf4