News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Casselton June 4/5

Started by sparks1, June 01, 2011, 08:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks1

Casselton event is coming up quickly! Any instructors needing to hone their skills and have some fun? Sign up! We could use the help and would like to meet you.
12 shooters and a thin instructor corp....doable, but the shooters deserve our best. C'mon out,if only for a day.
See you there!
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

ndrifleman

Last I checked, Casselton was sold out, making for a total of 15 shooters.  All the more reason to come instruct!
"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand. " Psalm 149:6

"The glorious inheritance which our fathers left us we must never betray.We must seize the torch from their hands, and transmit it with increasing brightness to distant generations." James Thornwell

I'll be there.  That makes 3 of us, right?

ndrifleman

I hope someone will take plenty of pictures for the AAR. 

NDR
"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand. " Psalm 149:6

"The glorious inheritance which our fathers left us we must never betray.We must seize the torch from their hands, and transmit it with increasing brightness to distant generations." James Thornwell

ndrifleman

So how did the weekend go?  I'll have to keep an eye on the AARs.

sparks1

I can only speak of Sat., but it went great. Weather was co-operative and windy. Typical N.D.  Shooters brought a great attitude...some repeats from Elk River. They were glad to have a venue close to home. Cass county range was very nice and a big thank you to them. Without them these events cannot happen.
The firehose was drug out and little was spilled during the instruction. Wish I could have been there Sunday...instead Little Feather and I took a 17 hour drive to Colorado Springs. Just checking in from the hotel to add something to the AAR. Sven, and hopefully shooters, will have pics and a better report. I hope the guys came back for Sun. You were showing lots of improvement...just polish the basics and have fun.

A good range to try to have another Appleseed. Lets hope they will host another. (hint,hint)

(John Maxwell)

Mr_C

Just to add a little to Sparks1's update,

Weather was even better on day 2. All but two were able to come back for the second day (some had only signed up for one, but after the first day realized how great it was and came back). Sven, Sparks1 and 7.62 did a great job helping everyone learn, both how to shoot and history, while having a very enjoyable time.

I am anxiously awaiting another event in the area. I was one of those who was also at Elk River, and really liked having an event closer to home.
Mr_C

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
   -John Adams quotes (American 2nd US President (1797-1801), 1735-1826)

ndrifleman

We'll see what we can do about getting another shoot going.  Glad to hear everything went so well!

sparks1

Quote from: ndrifleman on June 06, 2011, 07:57:11 PM
We'll see what we can do about getting another shoot going.  Glad to hear everything went so well!

I'd do another in Casselton. If the range is willing.

Big surprise for me when I drove up to take a right on 154th off old hiway 10...my cousins farm is the McIntyre farm at the corner. Haven't seen them since grandpa passed, oh about 1978. weird.

(John Maxwell)

The shoot went VERY well.  Some who had only registered for Saturday decided they needed to come back Sunday, and with new Marlin 795s too (they shot centerfire ARs Sat)!  The range owners were very accommodating and seemed like they may even attend a future Appleseed.  Sven took all the pictures, they'll come eventually, don't worry.  I was sure wore out (crummy boots) and the nice HOT sun kept us all covered up or applying sunscreen regularly to keep from getting burnt. 

AFTERMATH

Quote from: sparks1 on June 07, 2011, 12:01:01 AM
Quote from: ndrifleman on June 06, 2011, 07:57:11 PM

I'd do another in Casselton. If the range is willing.

Big surprise for me when I drove up to take a right on 154th off old hiway 10...my cousins farm is the McIntyre farm at the corner. Haven't seen them since grandpa passed, oh about 1978. weird.

You'll have to make the next one a family reunion!

Official AAR - http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=23239.msg180471#msg180471

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Sven

The AAR is posted in the AAR section.   ;)  I do have photos but seem to have a hard time getting them to post.    :wb:  Had a bit of a problem with a PM earlier so I imagine there is just a lot of traffic.  I'll try again later.
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

sparks1

Quote from: 7.62 on June 07, 2011, 04:18:48 PM
I was sure wore out (crummy boots) and the nice HOT sun kept us all covered up or applying sunscreen regularly to keep from getting burnt. 

Yeah...the students aren't the only ones that get a workout. Good shoes/boots are a must. Being on your feet all day can do you in.
Good job.

(John Maxwell)

Sven

I finally got the photos to post to the AAR  ^:)^
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN