News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indiana AIBC Meals

Started by AuntieBellum, June 01, 2011, 12:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

Alright, all.  I said I'd help organize, so here goes.  We are just over two weeks out, so that should be just enough time to plan out some AWESOME meals for Fred's visit.  (Just tell Fred it's all for him - he'll never suspect that we simply like to get together and eat good food.    :cool2: )

DaveD's daughters are covering lunches for us, I believe.  I would suggest coming prepared with $6 each day for lunch.  It's always good.  Confirmed.  ^:)^

So that leaves us with dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.  Likely everyone will want to break as early as possible to get home on Sunday.

How many are coming in on Friday night?  Do we need to worry about dinner Friday night and breakfast Saturday morning?  Please post to let us all know when you intend on arriving.  Friday dinner on your own.

So, post what you'd like to contribute to the meals, and I'll keep updating this post.  I'll bring plates, utensils, etc.  Please note that we'll also need to figure out to cook/heat items.  DaveD - are we allowed to use the appliances in the kitchen?  I'm drawing a blank right now on what's there.  Is there a stove?  Does the fridge work?  Stove, fridge, and microwave are ours to use.  Thanks, everyone!

From the AIBC thread:
QuoteIt appears that there are 20 people signed up so far.  Plus Fred.  Plus those pesky instructors coming to invade our evening meal after a hard day's work at Noblesville that day.   >:D  Plus a couple of others I hear may be coming who haven't signed up...so I'd figure 25ish for dinner, closer to 20 for breakfast maybe.  You know, unless the count changes.  I've also been wrong before, and I'm pretty certain will be again.

Saturday dinner
Main Course:
          burgers - stagehand steve  <------- bringing electric grill
                    condiments - Stubborn Yankee
                    cheese - Rimshot
                    buns - stagehand steve
          deer steak- KYWindage and POC
Side/s:
          World Famous Bacon Baked Beans - DHolder
          Potato Salad - Bill of Rights (courtesy of Mrs. BoR, aka 7th stepper!)
          veggie something - Bull13
Dessert:
          Dark Forest Chocolate Cherry Cake - DHolder
Drinks:
          Coffee - ATM <----- bringing coffee maker
          Etc - Techres

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday breakfast
BACON: ATM    <----- bringing electric griddle
Pancakes: AuntieBellum  <----- bringing electric griddle
Eggs:  Ohms Law  <----- bringing electric skillet
Drinks:
     Coffee - ATM
     OJ/Sunny D - Ohms Law
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

DaveD

Amy,

Thank you for stepping up on this.

Kitchen is ours to use.  Fridge, microwave & stove.  Not sure if oven works - will check.

Daughters have lunches covered - Cost $6

Don't worry about Friday and Sat morning - campers will survive   8)  A little Dutch Oven cooking maybe?   ^:)^
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

DHolder

I'm down for a "Dark Forest Chocolate Cherry Cake" via the dutch for Saturday desert.  I will also bring some of mommas "World Famous (localy anyway) Bacon Baked Beans". I will be camping Sat. night and I'm sure to have plenty.
Dave, have the "Chefs of CCC" add me to the list of lunches they prepare!!!

ATM

^ Mmm... Bacon Baked Beans...  :) Can't wait!

In addition to bacon and a griddle, I will bring a coffee maker and plenty of coffee for the weekend.

I also plan on camping Sat. night.
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

KYWindage

I was thinking that if a campfire is authorized, that (as we in the southern part of the state would say)we could eat good! I have plenty of cast iron skillets to make some mean deer steaks or fry up some fresh fish(if DaveD isn't looking ::)).
I will be eating mostly bacon and drinking only coffee/water that weekend anyway, so I'm set.
(I hear that eating bacon improves your grouping....)  :---
See y'all there.
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

Bill of Rights

Mrs. BoR says she'll make a potato salad for me to bring on Saturday. O0
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom,go from us in peace.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you.May your chains sit lightly upon you,& may posterity forget that you were our countrymen! Sam Adams

stagehand steve

I volunteer to bring burgers for the main dish Saturday night if someone can come up with a way to grill them.

-stagehand steve
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

OhmsLaw

I will bring eggs and an electric skillet to cook them in for sun morning.  I will also bring a bottle of sunny D or OJ for the non-coffee drinkers. Still thinkin about what i can bring for saturday night that will last camping 2 days.....
Ohmslaw(appleseed)/Peashooter(ingo)/Scott(Reality)
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." - George Washington

POC

I'm not much of a cook.  But I'd gladly bring some very tender deer steak if someone would like to cook it some how for Saturday.
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.

OhmsLaw

I posted this in the other aibc thread also, but how many people will be there for saturday night dinner?
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." - George Washington

AuntieBellum

I'm not ignoring everyone, promise. Just got home from Bedford within the last hour and bed is calling. Will check in tomorrow after work with answers.

stagehand steve

Quote from: stagehand steve on June 10, 2011, 04:14:58 PM
I volunteer to bring burgers for the main dish Saturday night if someone can come up with a way to grill them.

-stagehand steve

If no one minds, I can bring my electric grill.  Not quite as nice as an outdoor one, but not bad.  I need a count of people staying for Saturday night's meal so I know how many burgers to make. 

-ss
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

AuntieBellum

I think I've updated the list up top and answered everyone's questions there.

I can also bring an electric grill if that will help.  It's a large george foreman grill.

So, is the deer steak actually gonna happen, or does it need another way to cook?  We could designate one grill for deer and one for cow.

OhmsLaw

I can make a chicken stew if you would like.  It doesn't take too long.  I can bring the chicken and minor ingredients, I would need a few other people to bring 8 cans each (or equivalent amount of frozen) of :green beans, corn, carrots, potatoes & pearl onions.   Then if someone would like to bring crackers or perhaps make grilled cheese, that would go well with the stew.  Let me know if this sounds ok.

stagehand steve

Quote from: AuntieBellum on June 13, 2011, 09:55:25 PM
I think I've updated the list up top and answered everyone's questions there.

I can also bring an electric grill if that will help.  It's a large george foreman grill.

So, is the deer steak actually gonna happen, or does it need another way to cook?  We could designate one grill for deer and one for cow.

That would be good.  I've already got the buns.  I'm planning on bring 24 burgers.

-ss

AuntieBellum

Alright - so we've definitely got burgers.  So...chicken stew or deer steak, everyone?  I'm not picky, so someone let me know.  Or all of it.  That's fine by me, too, if we think we're gonna eat it all.   ???

POC

I seem to have a hard time getting takers on the deer.  These are small "medallion" steaks.  I actually had them cut so I could easily slice them up and make jerky, that just hasn't happened yet.

DaveD

Working on a BBQ!  I'll take all the venison I can get  O0 O0 O0
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

AuntieBellum

Quote from: DaveD on June 14, 2011, 02:34:50 PM
Working on a BBQ!  I'll take all the venison I can get  O0 O0 O0

Alright, then - it sounds like an affirmative on the arrangements for deer steaks.   ^:)^  KYWindage and POC - you still up for that?

Soooo....what do we think about the chicken stew?  OhmsLaw, you are certainly welcome to bring it.  Anybody interested and want to help him out with the ingredients?  Or are we set?

In looking through the list, some additional drinks to share might be nice. 

Anybody else pitching in?

techres

I can bring drinks.  I will be coming in Friday evening.  Get me a PM list and I will fill it.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

OhmsLaw

Im good with a cookout.  we should have plenty with that and not need the stew.  I'll save it for a colder seed when we need a nice warm belly to sleep.

POC

I'll bring the steaks.  I won't get there til Saturday morning.

AuntieBellum

Okay, folks, I'm gonna call this thread wrapped up.  If you haven't told us what you're bringing to pitch in...well, just bring it anyway!  You may want to help Techres out by picking up some more drinks.  Or maybe some snacks.  Or maybe some more dessert...mmmmm, chocolate.   ;)  Whatever.  Just bring it.  Be ready for a great time, and be ready to fill your head with all things Appleseed.  See you all this weekend!

ATM

I'll bring the rain.   >:D
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

KYWindage

I brought a mess of deer tenderloins that I can frying up over the campfire(as long as the ATM's rain stays away). Should be some good eating.
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct