News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Florida Appleseed Picnic/BBQ: July 3rd, 2011

Started by ItsanSKS, May 30, 2011, 02:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Load range testing data recorded. New loads created, based upon test results. The life of the Rifleman is good.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Sly223

I Believe that is the way our forefathers,would have wanted us to celebrate.
A lot of Liberties that were handed down were honored in a great way.
I think we made a spark,possibly the second strike of the match for Manatee Archery and Gun range. :~
This was great for our posterity! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

ShaneD22

I absolutely had a BLAST on Sunday! Thanks to TomM1Thumb, Teresa, and Frank for letting me tag along, and to Bruce and "RamboGranny" For teaching me the proper way to shoot. I can't wait to be at the next event, and have some more wicked fun!  ;D Oh, and thanks to everyone that was there who made me feel welcomed, you are all some of the greatest people I have ever met!

-ShaneD22
There would be no life to live where it not for our brothers and sisters who have given their lives for us. Live every day with a smile on your face, and a thank you pointed towards heaven for them. We love you all, and will never forget you!

ItsanSKS

I would like to personally thank everyone who came out to our first Appleseed Friends and Family BBQ.

While we set no records for attendance, the folks that did show up were some of the best, and we all enjoyed some of the finest food available.

I had the pleasure of seeing many new faces, along with some old friends that I hadn't seen in a while. 

Those that wanted to got to do some shooting, and there were many rifles on display at the 'show and tell table'.  Never thought I'd see a .30-06 AR-pattern rifle, but lo and behold, not only was one there, but it was offered up for people to shoot!

The best part of this BBQ was the ability to reach out to the general membership of the Manatee Gun and Archery Club.  As this was July 4th weekend, there were MANY folks out there on the range, and they all had an opportunity to not only get some great food, but to hear about Appleseed.  A win/win for sure!

We passed out event fliers and Appleseed brochures with every plate of food, and there were many folks quite interested in our organization.  I hope that we'll see some dividends from this effort in the near future.

Shane22D-
Thank YOU for coming out!  We were glad to have you, and I'm sure we all look forward to seeing you on our firing line soon.  Be sure to spread the word about Appleseed, and bring some friends with you to the event.  The more the merrier!

If you think you learned a lot in the brief time Janet and Bruce had to work with you, wait until you are subjected to the 'firehose of marksmanship knowledge' at your first Appleseed...

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

ItsanSKS

Some more pictures from the BBQ:

Sly223 working the BBQ:

Sly223 showing his son how its done:

Team effort:

Happy family:
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

ThaiFighter

It was indeed a good time!   THanks to all that made it possible.  It was really nice to be back amongst such a large gathering of the FL crew on my vacation!

I look forward to seeing you all on the trail!  :---
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

Sly223

Great times indeed were had time to create new memories.
Did anyone find an extra instructor Poncho? I returned one then lost or left my own.
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!