News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

UC San Diego Marksmanship Club Appleseed

Started by Francis Marion, May 25, 2011, 12:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francis Marion

When:  Monday, May 30 2011 8:30 AM
Where: Project 2000 Range, El Cajon, CA

The UC San Diego Marksmanship club observes Memorial Day by holding an Appleseed.  Up to twenty students are likely to attend.

This event isn't listed yet, but if any instructors wish to work it, just reply here or send me a PM.

Blessings of Liberty,
-FM

Leonidas

"I love the People of Boston. I once thought, that City would be the Christian Sparta. But Alas! Will men never be free! They will be free no longer than while they remain virtuous. Sidney tells us, there are times when People are not worth saving. Meaning, when they have lost their Virtue. I pray God, this may never be truly said of my beloved Town." Samuel Adams

passinthru

I could consider this, but ONLY if there is NO belly rubbin' involved !!!  Promise???      :-\ :-\     ^-^
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
Thomas Jefferson

Leonidas

I bring your Attention to the fact that I was the one being assaulted by Laylopro. But I do hear by promise that no rubbing of fellow instructors will be perpetrated by me. :D
"I love the People of Boston. I once thought, that City would be the Christian Sparta. But Alas! Will men never be free! They will be free no longer than while they remain virtuous. Sidney tells us, there are times when People are not worth saving. Meaning, when they have lost their Virtue. I pray God, this may never be truly said of my beloved Town." Samuel Adams

Francis Marion

Folks, here is a tally of the LTRs requested so far- if you can bring LTRs, let me know and I'll update the list.

Requested LTRs:

Supplied LTRs: 
  FM- 6

Nate- 5
  SAR_S.- 2

LTRs needed:
(... with relay shoot format, an LTR deficit is OK.)

SAR_Squid79

I would be happy to attend, and loan my 10/22 to the cause...

...but my 10/22 is pretty built and tricked out. It doesn't have (and can't accept) iron sights. It's an optics-only gun now, and is rediculously dialed in. If that's acceptable, let me know, and I'll be happy to show up, and let someone shoot with my rifle. (I can pull the bipod, and attach a web sling no problem)

~Jamie
U.S. Navy Rescue Swimmer
"So Others May Live"

Francis Marion

Student attendance estimate is 27 as of 5/26.   Allowing a few no shows, the number may dip.  Then again, six additional persons in two families plan to attend, so we may have thirty shooters.    Likely a relay shoot. 

Welcome aboard, Jamie- your rifle is suitable. 

passinthru

Alas, the short notice and family plans will keep me away.  My wife already sometimes complains that she is a 'range widow'.  I certainly don't want her to the point of saying she's an 'Appleseed widow'.
But, Leonidas, if you wan't to stop by my place in San Marcos, I can provide 2 LTR's, one with a scope and adjustable stock(good for smaller bodies) and one with Tech Sights.  I will send Leonidas a message now.....................steve
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
Thomas Jefferson

Justin

I have a prior commitment in Carlsbad from around 8am to 10am. I may be able to work out showing up in the PM.
"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

Leonidas

I'm heading out on a weekend camping trip, I'm not sure if I could pick up those LTR's from Steve in time. I will be there on Monday. If anyone else has any ideas of how to get steve's LTR's to the shoot please post it. If not I will see what I can do about picking them up.

Francis Marion

Line constraints will probably make this a relay shoot.

In that case, if shooters borrow rifles, we have less LTR demand; they could even borrow other students' personal rifles. 

So I think we are OK with the rifles we have pledged now. 

Thanks to all SD Crew for pitching in as able. 

-FM

SavageShootr

My first Appleseed was a relay, as you might recall FM.

I tried sharing my rifle with someone. It didn't work out too well with differing sight adjustments

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

SAR_Squid79

I was able to secure 1 more LTR. This one is Iron Sights (Tec Sights), and has been bedded.

...so - I will be bringing 2 LTRs.
~Jamie
U.S. Navy Rescue Swimmer
"So Others May Live"

Francis Marion

I remember that shoot, Savage S- "So... what is your target telling you???"

We'll do our best with the line capacity and available resources; good find, SAR S; thanks, all.