News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

***AAR: New Philadelphia May 28/29***

Started by Ratchett, May 24, 2011, 09:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be at the range around 5:00PM Friday evening. Camping is available and everyone welcome.

In addition, I wanted to let folks know that Hombre Liggett has graciously agreed to deliver Sunday morning service at 7:30AM for all interested.

Travel safe and keep the Faith...

Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Ratchett

What a great shoot! Awesome shooters, beautiful weather, and a gorgeous range, who could ask for anything more at an Appleseed!?!?!?!?!

Congratulations to Jim, our period dress re-enactor, who shot a 225 Rifleman score, then repeated with a 210 O0 O0
Congratulations to Greg who returned this weekend and repeated his Rifleman status with a 218 O0 O0

Thank you Tusco Rifle Club, especially Derek, Greg, and Jim for helping set up and feeding the troops this weekend. Also special thanks to Hombre Liggett for a most appropriate Memorial Day message for Sunday morning service before the start of Appleseed.

Thank you YellowHouseJake and Niecie for making the trip from Indiana, you guys are amazing  ..:.. , we could not have done it without you!!! Please border raid anytime, you will always be welcome.

Everyone feel free to chime in, hope all made it home safe! Going to bed now :)
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Louie

WOW, talk about a perfect weekend...Great Facilities, Great Weather, Great Food, Great Students, and Great Staff.

Tusco Rifle Club is one of the most beautiful ranges I have ever seen.,,AND they fed all of us lunch...BOTH days!!!

It was a real pleasure working with all of the students, but especially those I was able to get down in the dirt...er....the concrete with. Thanks for putting up with me Chuck, John, Jenny and Sonny.

Niecie and Yellowhouse Jake - Thank you for making the trip. Jake- your Strikes are the BEST.If you ever need an Orange Hat in Indiana....

And of course the rest of the staff...Ratchett, you never cease to amaze me! KAH, Ishy, Lyberty, Mr Happy, Pink-E (my favorite Cheerleader), the TWINS, and hopefully I didn't forget anyone...YOU ARE ALL THE BEST. Thanks for doing all you do...Louie
"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." --George Washington, Thanksgiving Proclamation, 1789

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."

KAH

It has already been said, but I have to add my agreement - This was a great weekend in New Philly!

The shooters all arrived on Saturday with a great attitude - some were returning Appleseeders, others were first timers - it didn't matter, everyone became acquainted and got down to business.  As the day went on, progress was shown by all the shooters.  From the Steady Hold Factors, to Six Steps of Firing the Shot, to NPOA, IMC, Rifleman's Cadence. The weather was beautiful, and so was the progress that was being made behind the rifles.

Thanks to Yellowhousejake and Niecie for coming over to Ohio, and sharing some of their Hoosier Appleseed Philosophy - The Strikes, KD, and those funny little things that helped SO MUCH in explaining Sight Alignment and Sight Picture - it was great getting to know you and sharing this weekend with you both.

Before the official start on Sunday, Hombre Liggett offered some very appropriate thoughts about what Memorial Day is all about, and the importance of honoring the memory of those that have made the sacrifice with our actions toward furthering the cause. 

After a brief review of the Saturday material (Thanks Mr. Happy and your demo models - well done!) we got down to the business of Appleseed, and rolled through the AQT grind.

Later Sunday afternoon, several shooters headed over to the long distance range with YHJ, and were able to apply what they learned at 25 yards, to longer distances.  A couple of Orange Hats even got into the action.

Having plenty of Orange Hats enabled lots of one-on-one attention with the shooters, and gave everyone a chance to learn as well.

Here are a few photos of the weekend.  I think Niecie (gosh, it's great to have some Applecore support!) was able to get a few more than I was, and I'm sure she'll post them soon.

I'm looking forward to seeing many of these shooters again on the AS Trail - and hopefully our paths will cross at TUSCO, a REALLY BEAUTIFUL club!

take care,
kah
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

MrHappy

It was a wonderful weekend wasn't it? Being able to visit the different shooting clubs is a joy for me and Tusco is a top shelf range. Weather was perfect...nice and hot!
Huzzah! for Yellowhousejake and Niecie for coming to the rescue, truly a pleasure to meet you and work with you. As Louie mentioned, might have to cross borders to the west and work an event with you.
A big Thank You to you, Ratchett, for the gentle pressure keeping me moving on that RedHat.
I've been on the circuit long enough that it's like a family reunion (without the arguements and blackeyes ) seeing all the friends I'm making through Appleseed.  This is where I belong!
Our shooters were great folks, just challenging enough to keep us on our toes. I think we made 3 Riflemen and everyone went home safe and sound. Who could ask for more.
O0
Give me Liberty or give me Death
Slaves don't dream of being free. Slaves dream of being Masters ~ August Stetten

Lyberty

Another amazing Appleseed at the Tusco Rifle Range!  Thank you guys so much for your hospitality!  This weekend, we had good weather, great instructors and awesome shooters.  Congrats to Jim and Greg on your rifleman's score!  Huzzah!  And for those of you who were almost there...a rifleman persists!  Thank you Hombre Liggitt for the wonderful Memorial Sunday teaching.  I love listening to you speak!

YellowHouseJake, Ratchett, Niecie, Mr. Happy, KAH, Pink-E, Captian Hook, Louie, Ishy, Green Light and Shooter08, y'all are great instructors and I look forward to working with you all on the trail again!

Thanks Ratchett for storing us kiddos in your car and sneaking us up there!  Next time...Alabama!   **)

Amazing shoot!

Lyberty
"The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation."
2 Samuel 22:47

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."  John F. Kennedy

yellowhousejake

Pictures are in!!!!

Niecie and I enjoyed our visit. You have a great new SB, your whole crew was amazing. Fantastic instruction and engaged IITs make for the best experience we can offer. All the IITs should be proud of their professionalism and abilities. Keep up the good work.

We truly enjoyed working with all of you.

Mr happy brings "Mountains" of doughnuts.

Thank you everyone for a great weekend. I see a return in our schedule....

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Niecie

Hello everyone!! So sorry it took me so long to post - day job, strawberries ripe, etc.. $$-0

I wanted to chime in and say how much I enjoyed the weekend ^:)^ What an amazing shoot boss and crew. I had the most amazing time working with Ishy and the rest of the very accomplished group. Great demos and one on one instruction.  It truly gives me faith in their generation!! 

Mr Happy and Louie, great to meet you both. Thank you for the great hospitality and the doughnuts  :bow:

Ratchett and KAH thank you for the opportunity to meet all of you and see how things are done across the state line. You put on a great shoot! I would love to come join you all again, and I hope you all come visit us.

Enjoy the photos, and I will see you all soon  :)

Niece

Spanner

YHJ & Niecie, outstanding photo collection!   ^:)^   O0

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel