News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Any word on Hangfire in Joplin?

Started by Greg in MO, May 23, 2011, 09:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg in MO

I know Hangfire lives around/in Joplin.  Anyone know if he is ok?  They got hit really hard yesterday...  I don't have a phone number for him.

Greg

Celt

Yeah I talked to all my other friends in Joplin and they are OK, but no word on Hangfire. Lets keep all those folks in our prayers.
A Hessian captain (one of the 30,000 German mercenaries used by England) wrote in 1778, "Call this war by whatever name you may, only call it not an American rebellion; it is nothing more or less than a Scots-Irish Presbyterian rebellion."

"I need not take much pains to show, that the principles of this system, are extremely pernicious, impolitic, and dangerous. Here is a revolution as radical as that which separated us from Great Britain."  "I Smell A Rat!"  Patrick Henry

"Because they transgressed My covenant, And against My law they have rebelled... They have made kings, and not by Me, They have made princes, and I knew it not"  Hosea 8:1 and 4
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12

AFTERMATH

I do hope Hangfire is alright.  All of Joplin, are in my prayers.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Cooper

No reply yet from his email account...

Prayers ongoing.

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

hangfire

I'm Fine. I did not have any damage, all my family is accounted for, it took till last night to make the final account but everyone safe. This is the first computer access that I have had and am not sure when I will be able to get back on as this is a borrowed computer. I greatly appreciate the concern and really can not wait to get to Washburn in a couple of weeks.

Greg in MO

Hangfire,

So glad to hear that you and your family are all ok.  We were definitely worried about you.  I wish all of the news coming out of Joplin was as good.

Let us know if you need anything...

G

Cooper

Praise God !!

If you need/want anything, just make it known!

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

Ratchett

What Cooper said!!! Prayers continue....

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

AFTERMATH

Quote from: hangfire on May 24, 2011, 02:10:09 PM
I'm Fine. I did not have any damage, all my family is accounted for, it took till last night to make the final account but everyone safe. This is the first computer access that I have had and am not sure when I will be able to get back on as this is a borrowed computer. I greatly appreciate the concern and really can not wait to get to Washburn in a couple of weeks.
O0

And he already wants to get back to work!  What a guy!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Cooper

Thank you, Mods, for cleaning up the mercifully unneeded information.
I was afraid that the Washburn shoot would need to turn into a S&R operation.

Again, Thanks be to God!

Coop

hangfire

I have always heard that a picture is worth a 1000 words if that is true than seeing the raft  of nature at it's worse first hand is worth a million mind numbing,  heart breaking, indescribable words. There is no one in this area that will be left untouched by the devastation that took place at 5:41 PM May 22.

The company that I work for employees about 425 there was 28 families that lost homes. At last news one employee was killed and one employee lost their father.
I did not get a total count how many homes were lost in our church family but it was somewhere around 20-25 with one church member killed.

Three of my cousins lost their houses (3) plus 2 rentals, a welding shop, an electrician business, barn, out buildings trailers, tractors, trucks, cars, vans and 30 cows.

But other than 16 staples and a pint of blood for my 81 year old cousin everyone made it through.

Thanks again for the concerns.
SEE YOU IN WASHBURN :---
Hangfire

hawkhavn

Hangfire,

Thanks again for the update, we've all been thinking and praying for you since we got the news. One or your trucking companies has a branch office here in Indiana and is loading up another semi-trailer with supplies to bring your way.  A lot of us have been working to get it filled and headed your way.

http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/local-company-providing-disaster-relief-joplin/

Update:
http://gcdailyworld.com/story/1732223.html

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com