News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Memorial Wknd @ Gibsonburg

Started by Raygun, May 22, 2011, 08:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raygun

Spent this past wknd introducing Bowchik to shooting Appleseed style, so she will be ready for Gibsonburg on Memorial wknd. As I mentioned to you Posterboy, she was going to shoot the red coat target with her bow first. She did that and nailed it EASILY! We knew she would with no problem!  O0  Then I got the VTR in her hands and she did great with the gun too. :~  Thought you'd like to see some pics of her targets. See you next wknd.

Raygun

the one pic posted 2x.. oops. here is the pic of her two targets

Lisa

Just a reminder and a note for those who do not know...... Breakfast and lunch will be available on Sat and Sun for donation. Primitive camping is also available, however a club member needs to be present so if we will have campers please let us know so we can make those arrangements.... See you all here this weekend....

posterboy

Ha !!! Huzzah.... I can now use this to motivate shooters that a chick with a bow and arrow has CLEANED a redcoat why can't YOU !!!

the SKILLS are the same for marksmanship and they all revolve around the FUNDAMENTALS  &)

hope to meet Bowchick in person this weekend she is a rifleman in heart and I hope to confirm it on paper.

pb

Gordon

UN be LIEVable. And, uh, this BowChik is coming out to Gibsonburg? How very cool!

Raygun

Yes, Gordon... My wife is a Professional Archer and has been on the US Archery Team for years. I also forgot to mention that she did shoot the red coat target at the full distance of 25M. In outdoor competitions her closest distance is 30M, so we knew 25M wouldn't be any problem. Plus all but 2 of the redcoat targets are larger than she has to hit in competition.

Gordon

Raygun yes you mentioned that in Gibsonburg in April. But the pictures really bring-home how impressive her skill is.

Looking forward to see you two this coming weekend!
-G

PS: I'm changing the "subject" line so folks will look at this! I hope you don't mind.

Two Wolves

BREATH TAKING !!!!! :bow:  ~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

jmdavis

Beware of the woman with a bow who knows how to use it.  ;D Excellent shooting!

Most people don't realize that the modern bow is more than capable of this kind of accurracy. When I was learning on recurves in the 1970's we felt happy to put all of our arrows in a pie-plate at 30 yards (no sights). When I bought my first high quality compound (a Mountaineer Ultra Cam Mag with peep and pin sights and a comp stabilizer) in the 90's I was disappointed if all of my arrows were not touching at 35 yards. Bowchik is definitely an excellent shooter.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

RifleWoman

Dang, I don't know that I can do that good with a rifle.  WOW!!! 
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

LayloPro

Nice!!  O0 :bow: O0

A shining example of the fact that NPOA is NPOA, regardless of what you have in your hand...... O0 O0 O0

Well done, Bowchik!! :) O0 ..:..

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Roland

Wow! And i thought I was doing good acing mine with a match grade 10/22...
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

stagehand steve

And, further more - she did it standing.   :bow: :bow: :bow:

-stagehand steve
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

Evenstar

Whoa!! Now THAT'S impressive!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

nmmi9100

TruTenacity

Ditto to what everyone else said.

WOW.  AMAZING! and all the other synonyms one can use.

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

slim

Yeah, but can she do it prone?

GoldFish

Good grief!  That's ridiculously and insanely amazing. :bow: O0

If she can it standing, why would she need to do it in prone? 
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

TheIronMantis

Is that a rack grade bow and surplus arrows? :)

That is very impressive.  I'll be showing those pics around the office today.

Lisa

OK all.......... Time for some responses on who is camping out at Gibsonburg, and who is going to be eating the breakfast and lunches for donation....... We need to plan here.... Camping is primitive and breakfast is hot with a nice lunch planned. There will be 2 5 gal jugs of ice cold water available on both days, and on Sunday morning @ 7:30 there will be a non denominational service provided by Gene. Please let me know, also anyone arriving on Fri. night please let us know what time to expect you so a club member can be present. We will be there to set up the line around 5:30ish.... Thanks......

Raygun

As far as the food for donation, count us in.......

Raygun

TheIronMantis~~~ funny question.......... rack grade bow and surplus arrows!!!  ;D

The bow is the same as any camo hunting one of it's type but it's a special order target bow.. BUT- there are many pro secrets to actually tuning a bow for accuracy- that are just that~~~ secrets of the pros... ;)

Surplus arrows??????? LOL... if you call $700 a doz arrows 'surplus' **)