News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Is back in Moxee in 2011

Started by 06en, May 21, 2011, 08:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

06en

Yes, that's right folks. More information to follow soon. 3 different events. Oct 15-16, Nov 19-20 and in Dec 17-18 this year. Yes at least 1 Winterseed I would think. Good chance of 2 really. Keep an eye out on the Schedule and Registration.  ..:..

OnlyHitsCount

:bow:  Good work Brian!

Central Washington needs this!  There are many people who are interested in the AS message, and who are willing to 'give up' a weekend (if you'ld call it that), but who just aren't able to travel to do so.  We have a great oppotunity to fill the line with new Appleseeders!   :D 

OnlyHitsCount
That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.  Psalm 26:7

The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.  - John the Baptist

God doesn't believe in atheists.  (Romans 1:20)

Evenstar

Good news, Brian! Nice work! HUZZAH! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

jerryinoregon

Great news!! Although i love going up to CDA it is much closer to go yakavegas and moxee. Hope the schedule comes out soon so i can get some time off to go.
He that Hath No Sword Let Him Sell His Garment and Buy One- Luke 22:34

....from my cold dead hands....

molon labe

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

06en

Quote from: jerryinhermiston on May 23, 2011, 01:34:04 AM
Great news!! Although i love going up to CDA it is much closer to go yakavegas and moxee. Hope the schedule comes out soon so i can get some time off to go.

Well check the dates that I edited into the original post of this thread. Those are the dates we have for this year. Will look into getting next year going sometime in Jan 2012.

Evenstar

'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

jerryinoregon

Well all three are scheduled on my weekends to work. Guess it's vacation time in Yakima this year.

molon labe

06en

QuoteWarning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days. Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Yes I love bringing old post back to life. I just looked at the Registration numbers. What gives? 3? Really? As many people as I have talked to who "will go if there is something close"? And those people bringing others? Yeah I know it's still three weeks out, but 3? Really? I can't believe that people's couches are so comfortable. Oh, I know what it is...hunting season, that's it. Every hunter in the area is depending on the food that they drive around in their pick-ups for. Certainly not a time to actually shoot there rifles. Certainly not a time to spend the day at the range with family and friends. Certainly not a time to hear about our shared Heritage.
Well I suppose I could shoot.

jerryinoregon

06en,
would love to be there in october, but between being shorthanded at work and an upcoming knee surgery not sure if i can. If i am recovering from knee surgery by then might have my wife come up and shoot and me and the little one will come and watch. My wife was at the shoot down in bickleton and she would love to come to another shoot so maybe i can get her to bring a couple more friends up to yakima.
Jerry

molon labe

06en

LOL...Nothing major Jerry. Just trying my hand at a little whit. Besides I don't mind the opportunity to do some shooting myself. Looking forward to seeing you when I do.

Quote from: jerryinhermiston on September 20, 2011, 10:13:24 PM
06en,
would love to be there in october, but between being shorthanded at work and an upcoming knee surgery not sure if i can. If i am recovering from knee surgery by then might have my wife come up and shoot and me and the little one will come and watch. My wife was at the shoot down in bickleton and she would love to come to another shoot so maybe i can get her to bring a couple more friends up to yakima.
Jerry

IC2(SS)19Z50C5

Hello,

I Plan on attending the 15-16 October event at Sun Targets. Can anyone give me a link or describe the targets that will be used. I need to see if what I want to use/shoot will zero at 25meters/yards. Plus exactly what is the course of fire???. So far I can find nothing on the Appleseed website that describes or explains this.

Many Thanks...

"Hits Count"
Life Member of:
NRA, WSR&P Assc, MMA, USSVI, & VFW
Member of AL, Associate Member of U.S.SubVets of WWII and a Member of Tin Can Sailors.org

"Hits Count"
Life Member of:
NRA, WSR&P Assc, MMA, USSVI, VFW, EANGUS & V.H.A.
Member of AL, Associate Member of U.S.SubVets of WWII,
Tin Can Sailors.org, and an Associate member of the 4th ID Association

George Hacker

Sighting at 25m will be done on 1" squares on .25" quadrille graph paper.  They will cover that on Saturday morning.  Also there will be quite a bit of shooting on the Quick and Dirty AQT found here http://www.appleseedstore.flyingcart.com/?p=detail&pid=9&cat_id=0.  The course of fire is printed on the target.  You will shoot from standing, sitting (or kneeling), and prone positions.

Just have your rifle sighted in to stay on paper and you will cover the rest at the Appleseed event.

Hope you have a great time and learn a lot!

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

IC2(SS)19Z50C5

Thanks ShadowMan,

I have some smaller targets at home that I'll take out to Sun Tagets this weekend. I'll see if my regulated M1NM .308 will zero at 25 meters/yards.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

"Hits Count"
Life Member of:
Member of AL, Associate Member of U.S.SubVets of WWII and a Member of Tin Can Sailors.org

"Hits Count"
Life Member of:

Sparkss

see you all at the shoot in the mornin :-)  Whoo whoo  :---
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.  Jesus Christ, Matt 10:34

I Would never invade the United States. There would be a gun behind every blade of grass - Isoroku Yamamoto

"We must train and classify the whole of our male citizens , and make military instruction a regular part of collegiate education. we can never be safe till this is done. "
Thomas Jefferson to James Monroe 1823 (burgh 13:261)

IC2(SS)19Z50C5

Attention!!!,

To all The Appleseed/RWVA (Revolutionary War Veterans Association) Cadre/Range Staff who conducted the Appleseed Training session/qualification on 15/16 October at Sun Valley Shooting Park/CWRC , all I can say is:

BRAVO ZULU!!!!...

You professional range operations/procedures/standards far exceeds that of today's current military forces, especially the Army..  :(

I'm looking forward to hopefully making the next shoot in Coeur d'Alene,ID if it works out with my schedule???.. Otherwise I'll see you in Dec.

On Nov 18/19th I'll be taking the NRA Range Safety Officer Course in Pasco...

It was GREAT to meet everyone today and I had a wonderful time.

I felt honored to be designated by Larry as a "Dangerous Old Man"

Best Regards & "May You Always Have Fair Winds and Following Seas"

"Hits Count"
Life Member of:

"Hits Count"
Life Member of:

Sparkss

Thank you Green hat, Blue hat, Red hat's and all the Orange hats for all you do , for being so professional, freindly, and for being so helpful to my kids and Me.

.. even loc-tight can't keep my scope from moving lol , I shouldn't have bought the cheap ring set !!! my family and I shot over 2000 rounds and had a blast ... err 2000 blasts.  My son James and daughter Jennifer really seem to have been bittin by the appleseed bug .. they both want to come to the November shoot.

once again THANK YOU ! and Great  Job !!

I am registered for November in Moxee
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.  Jesus Christ, Matt 10:34

I Would never invade the United States. There would be a gun behind every blade of grass - Isoroku Yamamoto

"We must train and classify the whole of our male citizens , and make military instruction a regular part of collegiate education. we can never be safe till this is done. "
Thomas Jefferson to James Monroe 1823 (burgh 13:261)

TruTenacity

The After Action Report for the Moxee event this weekend may be read here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=25687.0
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

06en

Another shoot coming to Yakima/Moxee this November. ATTN: RHIs & IITs, bring your rifles in case there is time for you to get back into a bubble  O0

IC2(SS)19Z50C5

Hey 06en or TruTenacity,

PLEASE shoot me a message with a mailing address so I can get my entry fee into you folks. I decided to shoot this upcoming match at SunTargets instead of attending the NRA RSO course in Pasco. This past weekend I went to an NRA Basic Rifle Instructor Course down in Battleground, WA. And I did spread the word to my classmates about the AS program...

"Hits Count"
Life Member of:

Rizzin

You can register for the November Yakima shoot here
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1759672227

It will be good to see you on the line again, maybe this time on the same line   ;)

TruTenacity

Quote from: IC2(SS)19Z50C5 on November 09, 2011, 09:55:57 AM
Hey 06en or TruTenacity,

PLEASE shoot me a message with a mailing address so I can get my entry fee into you folks. I decided to shoot this upcoming match at SunTargets instead of attending the NRA RSO course in Pasco. This past weekend I went to an NRA Basic Rifle Instructor Course down in Battleground, WA. And I did spread the word to my classmates about the AS program...

PM sent.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

IC2(SS)19Z50C5

Attention All,

I'm looking forward to another Appleseed weekend at SunTargets CWRC in Moxee. Snow and cold is forecast for the weekend, so it will be a weekend to see who are the "Hardcore Hackers" and the "Non-Hackers" are....

See you early on Saturday, prepared to shoot!!!!

"Hits Count"
Life Member of:

splaticus

Any chance to shoot some longer distance stuff on Sunday?  Trying to determine if I should bring my center fire.
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

06en

Doesn't a rifleman have his centerfire with him reguardless? But no, will will not be having a long distance firing line.

Quote from: splaticus on November 16, 2011, 04:03:38 AM
Any chance to shoot some longer distance stuff on Sunday?  Trying to determine if I should bring my center fire.

jerryinoregon

Will be there for december shoot. Will be bringing a new recruit (for the national guard). Wanted to get him some more experience will and AR before boot camp.
I just get to watch as i am down and out with a messed up knee again.
But i will be armed with my camera though  ;)

molon labe

IC2(SS)19Z50C5

Be advised for those Appleseed shooters/Instructors in the Yakima Area who would like to branch out and hone their Rifleman skills, the indoor winter small-bore gallery league starts next week.  NRA four position matches are held at the Pomona and Tieton indoor ranges. Shooting is done on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. My team, the Yakima team has our first match (this one being a postal match)  next Wednesday night at Pomona, on the 7th. Start time is 7:00pm, but warm up practice starts around 6:00pm.   You are welcome to come and visit and scope on the individual equipment everyone uses. Below is what I shoot, My Anschutz M1907.

Hope to see some of you there????
B/R,
IC2(SS)19Z50C5

"Hits Count"
Life Member of:

splaticus

Quote from: IC2(SS)19Z50C5 on December 03, 2011, 12:02:17 PM
Be advised for those Appleseed shooters/Instructors in the Yakima Area who would like to branch out and hone their Rifleman skills, the indoor winter small-bore gallery league starts next week.  NRA four position matches are held at the Pomona and Tieton indoor ranges. Shooting is done on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. My team, the Yakima team has our first match (this one being a postal match)  next Wednesday night at Pomona, on the 7th. Start time is 7:00pm, but warm up practice starts around 6:00pm.   You are welcome to come and visit and scope on the individual equipment everyone uses. Below is what I shoot, My Anschutz M1907.

Hope to see some of you there????
B/R,
IC2(SS)19Z50C5

I took IC2 up on his suggestion and have been attending these matches over the last month or so.  I can honestly say my accuracy has come up by leaps and bounds with his advice and the advice of others on the team.  I thought the targets at appleseed were small!  The ten ring on these indoor targets is about the size of the head of a match!  Needless to say I have a long way to go but I encourage other appleseeders who are wanting to improve their shooting to come out and check it out!
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Roland

Just saw this. I started shooting with the Junior Smallbore team in my hometown. For juniors, the x ring is about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. OK, maybe a little exaggeration, but not much. It is fun, challenging, and it will make you shoot better, guaranteed.

Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

TruTenacity

Quote from: Roland on January 24, 2012, 03:54:53 PM
Just saw this. I started shooting with the Junior Smallbore team in my hometown. For juniors, the x ring is about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. OK, maybe a little exaggeration, but not much. It is fun, challenging, and it will make you shoot better, guaranteed.

Roland

O0