News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Camp Perry, 2011

Started by West, May 18, 2011, 09:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patent guy

Quote from: West on August 01, 2011, 07:48:45 PM
In order to steer this thread back on track...

I will be at the Springfield Rifle Match, the M1 Garand Match, and the NRA M1A Springfield Armory match.  If you guys want to get together, send me a PM or a text 302 743 2770.

I would enjoy hanging out with Appleseeders and having a BBQ sandwich and a lemonade at the end of the day with everyone.

West :))
I'm shooting the Springfield match also.  I'm assigned "5 Aug PM"
Have you squadded up with anyone yet?  If not, I'll score while you shoot & you can score while I shoot, etc.  I'm reachable at 410-978-6160, text or call.
Andy
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

hawkhavn

West,

Congratulations!

According to a certain internet fairy that puts you in pretty distinguished territory!
(http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/report_eventAward.cgi?matchID=6544&eventID=4&awardID=1)

HH

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Miki

Yeah, West did great! Tell you what; working the pits can actually be fun if you have a tall partner to work with. Thanks for teaching me the 'ropes' West.

West

Miki,

It was a great time!  I can't believe I have missed all the years past.

Hawk,

I can't earn any points, I have 28 points already and that match is the lowest you can get - 4 - and I have earned them at a higher level event previously.  I don't know why it lists me as eligible...

Patent Guy,

I will have to check when I am squadded.  I don't remember what I chose...  I will call you later.

Anyone else interested or that is going, ring the bell!

jmdavis

Hey West,

Do you shoot the NTI or P100? I hope that you're having a great time and I'm sorry that I missed seeing you up there.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

boltgun71

Just wanted to congratulate Spartan, along with the other Appleseeders at Camp Perry, on a job well done and a good showing for Appleseed.  Spartan fired a 377-11X at the Small Arms Firing School to earn his first leg points, and Spartan has only been involved in Highpower for a year now.

hawkhavn

West,

That was distinguished with a small 'd', as in phenomenal, way above average, a man who knows what he is about.
Not 'D' Distinguished, which is something else...  :)

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

jmdavis

Great Job Spartan!! Congratulations!
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

West

Congrats Spartan!

Wish I had known you were there  :)

I had to work all week, but next year I will be participating in a lot more matches.