News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Laserlyte Training System

Started by ksuguy, May 17, 2011, 01:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksuguy

I bought one of these things to help with my dry firing practice, and thought I'd give everyone a review.

http://www.laserlyte.com/Laser_Training_System/Landing_Page/index.html

The system consists of two parts,  a target with laser activated LED's and a laser unit that goes into the barrel of your firearm.   It seems to work pretty well.   So far I've only used it with a pistol, but it works as advertised.   When you dry fire, it  flashes the laser on the target.    You can then hit the display sensor to see where your shot hit,  or the reset sensor to clear the target.    Obviously, you need to be very careful when practicing to make sure there is no live ammunition present.

I also did a quick test with the laser in my Garand just to see if it works with a rifle.  It triggered the laser just fine.   The next test will be setting up a 10 yard range in my basement.   The laser target is designed for pistol training, so it is a little on the large side.  However, I think if I just cover most of the target sensors with some cardboard and leave a small area open in the middle, it will work great for simulating stage 4 on the AQT.

Maybe I'll bring it out to the bootcamp next week if anybody wants to give it a try.       Also, Midway has them quite a bit cheaper than the manufacturer website.