News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2011 Survival & Preparedness Conference

Started by Gravy, May 12, 2011, 02:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravy

I am going to make a road trip down to Dallas for the 2011 Survival & Preparedness Conference.  O0 
http://survivalist.com/conference/
It is Saturday and Sunday, May 28-29.  I am going to make the drive on Friday and return on Monday.  If anyone else is interested in attending we could carpool and save some money.  I'll be staying with my brother so you'll need to make sleeping arrangements.

It also occurred to me that this is a perfect venue to plug Appleseed.  The people that will be attending this show are all firearm enthusiasts and liberty-loving Americans.  :---  We could get a 6' table for $495 or 2 tables (12') for $895.  Of course, this would be plugging AS on a national level since the attendees will be from all corners of the US (or should I post this over on the Texas board and see if they want to run with it?).  Either way, I'd be happy to help with a table if there were some others who could help cover (so we can still be able to get around the conference and check things out). 

I'm looking forward to the conference and really think it is a great opportunity for AS to make a showing.  If it makes sense for an AS table, who do I contact?  Fred?  Please share your thoughts before I start shooting pm's around.

Tanks,
Gravy

Castle Mountain

Get a hold of Devnul and Hawkhaven and see if they are cool with this. I am sure they are.  If so, I can contact Pappy, you make a quick 2" schedual 40 PVC pipe  stand and velcro affix the AR girl banner, grab an 8 ft table , cloth and the project Appleseed canvass runner for that show
and you will  look top drawer for that event. Make sure to bring lots of brochures, trifolds etc.  I just got back from El Paso, Tx and  we are headed back down to Arlington
tomorrow, otherwise I would love to have go, however we  have a most important shoot coming up so were really committed to that weekend.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

BrownBessEd

Gravy

Hey CM, I just wanted to let you know I contacted those guys.  I also called the event coordinator (who had heard of AS), and was able to negotiate a table at 1/2 price = $250.  They said they would check, but I never got a reply.  Oh well, maybe next year.  I'll still take a wad of tri-folds just in case I find an opportunity.  I'm still heading to the show - should be time well spent.

Castle Mountain

Let me know what you learn about those new Capacitor charge batteries to replace lead acid for Solar power and any other SP info you pick up on.
Also the manual laundry tubs that you agitate with a handle.

Have a good time.

Cheers,

CM

Quote from: Gravy on May 24, 2011, 05:14:30 PM
Hey CM, I just wanted to let you know I contacted those guys.  I also called the event coordinator (who had heard of AS), and was able to negotiate a table at 1/2 price = $250.  They said they would check, but I never got a reply.  Oh well, maybe next year.  I'll still take a wad of tri-folds just in case I find an opportunity.  I'm still heading to the show - should be time well spent.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Gravy

The conference was a lot of fun.  It was smaller than I expected:  about 2 dozen vendors and maybe 200 people.  Not bad I guess for the first conference of its kind.  It was coordinated by the editor of Survivalist magazine, Ed Corcoran.  He had heard of AS and was kind enough to offer a few minutes to plug AS at the end one of the workshops.  I spoke to a group of about 40 people, and about 1/3 had heard of us before.  It was well received, with even a few claps from the audience.  I put out about 200 tri-folds which were all gone within a day.

Anyway, I did my good deed for the weekend.  Too bad the Texas folks didn't jump on this - most people were there from Texas.  Ed said they may hold the conference every 6 months in different locations.  We should keep an eye out for future opportunities.  Not only was this a good place to plug AS, it was a good place to learn.