News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NEWS!!! Calguns, CRPA, Appleseed - Working Together

Started by pennys dad, May 10, 2011, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennys dad

NEWS!!! Calguns, CRPA, Appleseed - Working Together

Hi Everyone
I hope your day was excellent

I would like to announce some AWESOME, AWESOME News!

This year at the 2011 Raahauges Sport Shooting Fair Calguns, CRPA and Appleseed will be working together, Expressing our Common Goal and message to the Californians attending the Raahauges Sports Shooting Fair.
The idea is at Raagauges 2011 Sports Fair all 3 organizations (Calguns, CRPA and Appleseed) will have individual booths up and running, nothing new here right, well the "Working Together" comes from each booth having flyers and hand outs from each organization, talking points from each organization at each booth and if it can be worked out a Volunteer from each partner organization.
What we are trying to do is show Californians that we share a common goal and message and although we have different methods of getting there, in the end it all serves the same purpose:

Preserve the Rights we have, get back the Rights we have lost and Remember How we got them and Where they came from.

To recap Appleseed, Calguns and CRPA will each have a booth at Raahauges Sports Fair.  Each booth will have hand outs, flyers and other items important to the partner organizations.  Each organization will have Talking Points about their partner organizations and if possible each booth will have a representative from each partner organization working in their booth spreading the combined message. 
Please keep perspective we are not trying to merge, we want to keep the individuality of each organization intact so we can enjoy having different groups to choose from while still working towards the same goals.
One thought, in order to make this successful all 3 organizations will need Volunteers to work the booths, learn the talking points and get involved.  So if you are interested and have a connection to one of the three partners (CRPA member, competitor or other, Appleseed Red hat, orange hat, blue hat, rifleman or other, and of course Calgunner's, or some combination of the 2 or 3) send me a PM and I will connect you with someone that can get you scheduled. 
Folks "We" need your Help! We need Volunteers, We need You so We can Help All of Us!  Please Volunteer 

Enjoy the Sports Fair, support your California Shooting Organizations and participate

Cya on the Trail
Jacob
Aka: Pennys Dad

We Need Volunteers! Raahauges Sports Fair Calguns Booth - June 3,4,5

Welcome to the Appleseed Booth for the Raahauges Sports Fair
We Will Need Volunteers - Calguns Swag will be provided for the volunteers

http://www.raahauges.com/sports-fair.php
Corona, Ca.
[INDENT]Date:  June 3-4-5, 2011 [/INDENT]
This is a 3 day event and we will need:
[INDENT]
Friday the 3rd:  12 to 6 we need at least 4 volunteers
Saturday the 4th:  10 to 5 we need at least 6 volunteers
Sunday the 5th:  10 to 6 we need at least 6 volunteers
[/INDENT]

sashok.privetov

This is awesome news!  I cannot express how great i think this is!  My humble hometown, the speck on the map that is Los Angeles--and such big wigs coming down to play!  Wonderful, wonderful news!

Now, if only Samco were able to ship some of their surplus ammo to the city of LA...
There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.

pennys dad

Quote from: sashok.privetov on May 11, 2011, 12:15:28 AM
This is awesome news!  I cannot express how great i think this is!  My humble hometown, the speck on the map that is Los Angeles--and such big wigs coming down to play!  Wonderful, wonderful news!

Now, if only Samco were able to ship some of their surplus ammo to the city of LA...

;D Umm have you ever been to the Sports Fair?  I think the amount of ammo the is brought in is staggering and fun  ^:)^   ^:)^  "Thats a Spicey Meatball!!"

SAR_Squid79

I'd love to help on behalf of Appleseed! I should be available on Saturday and/or Sunday pretty much all day.
~Jamie
U.S. Navy Rescue Swimmer
"So Others May Live"

V

Quote from: SAR_Squid79 on May 11, 2011, 01:48:18 AM
I'd love to help on behalf of Appleseed! I should be available on Saturday and/or Sunday pretty much all day.
Well then just turn up and we'll make good use of you.

I'll have thousands of the new California Tri-Folds, thanks Spitstickler and Fred, to give away.

We should make an announcement somewhere for anyone who's going to this, not volunteering but just previous AS attendees who are going to this, to wear their AS T-shirts - not just here on our forum but on Calguns, CRPA, etc.

Cheers
Phil V

pennys dad

Quote from: V on May 11, 2011, 12:59:58 PM
Quote from: SAR_Squid79 on May 11, 2011, 01:48:18 AM
Well then just turn up and we'll make good use of you.

I'll have thousands of the new California Tri-Folds, thanks Spitstickler and Fred, to give away.

We should make an announcement somewhere for anyone who's going to this, not volunteering but just previous AS attendees who are going to this, to wear their AS T-shirts - not just here on our forum but on Calguns, CRPA, etc.

Cheers
Phil V

Excellent Idea, they should do a swing by and say "Hello"
If you have an idea on what you want to say, I will add it to all my Calguns post

sashok.privetov

Quote from: pennys dad on May 11, 2011, 12:40:42 AM
;D Umm have you ever been to the Sports Fair?  I think the amount of ammo the is brought in is staggering and fun  ^:)^   ^:)^  "Thats a Spicey Meatball!!"
No, and I would think it would be a bit of a drive from Virginia. Getting my father to go is also a problem--he's still a work in progress.
Is there a law that prevents Samco from shipping to LA *city* or is it their company policy? Does anyone know?

Specifically, I'm looking for 7mm Mauser (7x57).
There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.

pennys dad

Quote from: sashok.privetov on May 11, 2011, 11:32:59 PM
Quote from: pennys dad on May 11, 2011, 12:40:42 AM
No, and I would think it would be a bit of a drive from Virginia. Getting my father to go is also a problem--he's still a work in progress.
Is there a law that prevents Samco from shipping to LA *city* or is it their company policy? Does anyone know?

Specifically, I'm looking for 7mm Mauser (7x57).

Hehehe ya that would be a serious road trip  ;D

Johnnyappleseed

Regarding Samco shipping to Los Angeles ------------should not be a problem but I bet the answer is on Cal-guns.
net
I like the liasons. not sure if we can promote gun rights groups via AS events . The sports fair seems safe enough,though .
Respectfully,
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge