News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Getting back to things

Started by POC, May 10, 2011, 12:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POC

Since my wifes stay at the hospital, I've been "off".
We'd known of her diagnosis and probable prognosis, but for it to actually happen, it really throws a clod in your churn of life.
So I've been "on the bench" in most aspects of my life for the last month or so.
We're both doing better, I think I'm ready to get back to it.
Now if it will just quit raining...

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Patrick
To all Riflemen on the planet; we are here; we are waiting.

Cooper

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

My apologies to the unending "war of northern aggression" enthusiasts out there that revile Old Abe, but his words are true and deep on this point.

POC and Mrs. POC:
If you have the luxury of spending time on Appleseed tasks and events, Go For It!
But (warning, warning, heresy alert!!) if your time is short and the focus of your time and energy should actually be dedicated to one another and your family, then set aside Project Appleseed and focus what you have on "Project POC".

I delayed my involvement in Appleseed while caring for my best friend as she passed on from cancer.  As much as I believe in the urgency of Appleseed's mission, had I turned my energies away from my friend as she passed from this mortal coil, I would have felt guilt at every Appleseed event I worked with throughout my life.

I continue to pray for you and your family, both for your health and for your wisdom.

As both a physician and a patient, I fully understand and feel the difficult issues you are dealing with.  For me, as an Appleseed instructor, I clearly appreciate the intense need for us to "train our replacements."  We will not be around forever, and some of us will depart much earlier than we anticipated.

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim