News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Future Events at Sherburne, LA

Started by spmcpeek, May 09, 2011, 04:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spmcpeek

Well it looks like Sherburne will be under water before the end of the week.  So, future Appleseeds are indefinitely postponed.  I will try and update when I have more information. 

If anyone has ideas for a possible replacement range, please let me know.

Thanks,
Stephen

spmcpeek

Sherburne is now officially closed and will likely be under water for the next 5-8 weeks.  We are working on rescheduling the events to the Eunice Rifle and Gun Club near Eunice, LA.  I will update with more info as available.

JARHEAD MIKE

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle"

Ellis1958

Keep us in the loop on a timely basis. I certainly want to attend the June 4-5 event but won't register till a venue is assured.
A mind is like a parachute. Neither functions properly unless fully opened.

spmcpeek

I found some pictures linked from another forum.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=31&t=453075

We are still working on the replacement range paperwork and I hope to have an answer on June 4-5 tomorrow.

DUHON

spmcpeek

Eunice is on the Instructor Schedule but is not linked to a public registration.  Sign up as an instructor and bring shooters with you.

DUHON

Public link is active now ^:)^

Thanks Stephen for getting this done. Now lets get that firing line filled. :---

kd5ozj

I would like to invite everyone over to my house on Saturday night after the shoot.We will be fixing supper,just bring your own drinks.Please RSVP so that I can get an idea of how many will be there.I live just 4 miles from the range and Eunice.
By the rude bridge that arched the flood,Their flag to April's breeze unfurled,Here once the embattled farmers stood,And fired the shot heard round the world.....Ralph Waldo Emerson         "A shot that goes astray,May just as well been thrown away"....Unknown

LawDog

Dan ("Eliska" for now) and son will be there.  We are spreading the word and looking forward to meeting all of you.  Until then, stay safe.
Dan 

K98Al

Dang it! I'd like to sign up for supper, Allen, I know that'll be awesome - but I'll be in Colorado this weekend. I'm glad to see y'all have shoots lined up down there - we've got quite a few in Okla this summer, but I plan on coming to your neck of the woods at least once.
Keep making Riflemen!
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

kd5ozj

Hey Al,Hope you guys are safe with all the storms.Man you know there's always a plate here for ya'll...Allen..KD5OZJ...73's
By the rude bridge that arched the flood,Their flag to April's breeze unfurled,Here once the embattled farmers stood,And fired the shot heard round the world.....Ralph Waldo Emerson         "A shot that goes astray,May just as well been thrown away"....Unknown

LawDog

The Corps has shut the Morganza Floodway.  Any idea how long it will take to get Sherburne dried out and ready? 

Rhodes

Sherburne will be closed for a good while yet.
I wouldn't even look for it to open until the fall dry season since other damage will get a higher priority.

Looking for a new place to shoot also that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
The finest thing a man can do is hold to the wisdom his forefathers shed blood to teach us. Fear and Trust in God, Respect for American ideals and heritage, and always strive to be a better Rifleman. All other things flow from these.

Leethar

Don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but Sherburne is back up and operational. I was out there Monday, and while it's a little roughed up, it's still fine. There's a lot of fence damage, but new target backers are up and it's good to go.

Only problem is you can't get there from 190. That part of the road is washed out. It was described to be by a LDWF worker as "Gone." You have to take the road up from 10, which is a bit of an adventure in a Sedan.

Still, it's good to go! I'm really itching for an appleseed close to home.

spmcpeek

I am working on getting the event listed again, but there will be an Appleseed at Sherburne, LA on September 3-4.

DUHON

I'll rally the shooters and I should be there myself.

Rhodes

Just saw thats open again!!!!!
Nice surprise.
The finest thing a man can do is hold to the wisdom his forefathers shed blood to teach us. Fear and Trust in God, Respect for American ideals and heritage, and always strive to be a better Rifleman. All other things flow from these.